Blue gills

Delw

Hadn't been fishing for a while. due to work..OMG I cant belive i said that..

went to a local lake last night at 8pm and got home at 4:30 am...

We get to the lake. first or second cast I catch a nice 2.5 -3 lb bass.. Wow I am thinking this is going to be a great night. Then the black light burns out, the humidity is around 90% and its very hot 100+... now we are down to using flashlights to see our line.. After about 20 mins we start getting bit again, but just cant set the hook. another hour passes and every cast we get bit .. well i finally hooked one damn blue gill! then another and another etc. well for the next few hours we caught about 50-70 blue gills on 7" power worms with a 4/0 owners hook.(for those of you who dont know how big a 4/0 is its about as long as your pinky and 1.5 inches wide) every blue gill i caught was hooked in the mouth. I have know idea how those little ****s get a hook that big in ther mouth... we get to one spot and I toss my worm in there expecting to get a bluegill, and as luck would have it it was a huge bass(7+lbs). but because i didnt set the hook he swam away.. I caught two largemouth bass one bass was about 5-6 lbs, the other was 2.5-3lbs and 2 smallmouths 13"long. and a boat load of bluegills, most of which where about 6-8" long.. It still beats working. And I got to feed the coyotes all those blue gills, wonder how the yote hunting will be tonight?hmmmmmm

Delw

OH Know you didn't throw out those Gills did you!!! Thats some fine eat'en if you don't mind working around the bones.

I have caught some monster gills on 4.0 hooks before. What realy gets me is when I catch catfish on a top water Rapala.

elk hunter I had a blast.. much better than working...

shane A buddy caught a 7lb catfish on a buzzbait in a tourney 3 weeks ago....talk about wierd...

OK now i am going to sleep. been fishing all night in a tourny... at the same lake were all the blue gills where.... shane you will like this story when i post it tonight after I wake up.....

Delw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back