Blood Stained Pack

SDS14

Hey Guys and Gals:

I have been putting off cleaning my blood stained Mystery Ranch Metcalf Pack... I know... I know... I should have cleaned it sooner than later.
I was wondering what kind detergents you use to clean blood stained packs and how you go about cleaning your pack.

Thanks for your help and Merry Christmas!
-SDS14

The best starting point is filling your tub with as cold of water as possible, wet your pack and rub dawn on the stains, let it soak overnight.

Depending on the what your pack looks like after the soak you can use Ammonia, hydrogen peroxide, and/or various commercial stain removers.

Don't use hot water.

When it's real gnarly I wash with light soap by hand, rinse, soak briefly in Mirazyme, then let air dry.

First aid grade hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle.

honestly, this is all you need.

I had a brand new hoodie my wife got me, bright green, covered in blood for a mulie doe as we hoisted it up in the air. She told me about the hydrogen peroxide (I didn't tell her it was the new hoodie) and it fizzes up and whipes the stain right out. Been doing it on my pack ever since.

Hydrogen peroxide.
I used a pressure washer this year. Worked pretty good but it's too cold for that crap now.

Soaking in COLD water for a long period will help your pack last longer than subjecting it to a pressure washer. I've removed heavy blood stains by treating with spray and wash and soaking in cold water for several hours. I like the peroxide suggestion and will try it next time along with cold water.

I’m a cold water guy and then detergent if I need to. It may not get 100% of it, but it gets most of it which is enough for hunting. Hydrogen peroxide is interesting - I’ll give that a try

Atsko Sport Wash. Thank me later. This stuff works miracles on blood. I have soaked my Exo pack in the tub with this stuff and it always comes clean. It also works awesome on game bags, with those I do a pre soak in the sink with this stuff then also wash them with this stuff in the machine. Also works great for all fancy gear out now, down coats/sleeping bags, ski coats, hunting clothes, etc.....
1577644231928.png

Last edited:
I just got finished cleaning my MR from my doe hunt. Sprayed all the stained areas down with Shout and let sit a day. Then hosed down with cold water while lightly scrubbing with a cloth. Everything came out pretty easily.

Atsko Sport Wash. Thank me later. This stuff works miracles on blood. I have soaked my Exo pack in the tub with this stuff and it always comes clean. It also works awesome on game bags, with those I do a pre soak in the sink then also wash them with this stuff in the machine. Also works great for all fancy gear out now, down coats/sleeping bags, ski coats, hunting clothes, etc.....
View attachment 123950
Where do I get it? mtmuley

You can get it at a variety of places online. I personally pick it up/stock up at North 40 Outfitters in Great Falls when I am over there visiting family. I haven't been able to find it at the sporting goods stores in Hamilton or Missoula. I just checked and you can get the 34oz bottles on Amazon for $9.71 with Prime Shipping. Thats the route I would go if I was running low and didn't have a trip to Great Falls in my future. I go a bit heavier on the dosage rate when I am doing my pack if it is really bloody and when game bags are really bloody.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back