BLM, Forest Service and Nevada Ranchers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, we aren't managing JUST for cattle. The cattle will obviously survive, but they may be making it uninhabitable for all the other plants and animals. I say "may" because I don't know what is happening there, but to be honest without oversight ranchers manage for maximum profit which will put more cattle on the land than many of the native plants and animals can handle. There is no money is saving tortoises.

If the native plants go away, then the profit goes away.

The tortoises have lived with the cattle for probably a century or more.

I'm not defending this guy. I am discussing Jose's statement about farmers and ranchers destroying the land.

I do find it interesting Jose logged off and will not tell me the lawyers name.

There are a lot people assuming things about this land who have never been there.

Didn't log off...... Likely had work to do.

Just ask any BLM manager who has dragged them into court, and you'll get the name. Or ask Jon Marvel who he hires(d). It is a small area of expertise, if you are familiar with the issues, you know the name. If you don't know the issues, you don't know the name..

And, don't know where you are from, but, I own deeded land in White Pine, Elko, and Lander counties, so I know plenty of what it looks like in. Northern Nevada, and, I can assure you, the land around Vegas ain't anywhere I would run cattle.

Pretty sure I can look at land and make assumptions.

Didn't log off...... Likely had work to do.

Just ask any BLM manager who has dragged them into court, and you'll get the name. Or ask Jon Marvel who he hires(d). It is a small area of expertise, if you are familiar with the issues, you know the name. If you don't know the issues, you don't know the name..

And, don't know where you are from, but, I own deeded land in White Pine, Elko, and Lander counties, so I know plenty of what it looks like in. Northern Nevada, and, I can assure you, the land around Vegas ain't anywhere I would run cattle.

Pretty sure I can look at land and make assumptions.

Why are you afraid to tell me the name?

What is a welfare rancher?

Your statement wasn't just about Bundy.

Why are you afraid to tell me the name?

What is a welfare rancher?

Your statement wasn't just about Bundy.

I'm guessing, by your questions, you don't know the issues with Welfare Ranchers and the damage they do to My Public Lands.

The cast of characters in the court room battles are well known among BLM offices and Cattleman's associations. These battles have been fought for the last 20 years, and, thanks to these battles in court, Welfare Ranchers have had to change their ways (and so has the Bureau of Livestock and Mining (BLM). That is what happens when one side is victorious in court 80-90% (or some ridiculously high number) of the time.

Just like in the Bundy case, it took an environmental lawyer to get the. BLM to finally start removing the trespassing cattle.

Oh, and who is a Welfare Rancher? Not Bundy, he quit being a Welfare Rancher when he decided to be a law breaker. :D

Last edited:
I'm guessing, by your questions, you don't know the issues with Welfare Ranchers and the damage they do to My Public Lands.

The cast of characters in the court room battles are well known among BLM offices and Cattleman's associations. These battles have been fought for the last 20 years, and, thanks to these battles in court, Welfare Ranchers have had to change their ways (and so has the Bureau of Livestock and Mining (BLM). That is what happens when one side is victorious in court 80-90% (or some ridiculously high number) of the time.

Just like in the Bundy case, it took an environmental lawyer to get the. BLM to finally start removing the trespassing cattle.

Oh, and who is a Welfare Rancher? Not Bundy, he quit being a Welfare Rancher when he decided to be a law breaker. :D

I'm not getting your welfare reference. Wouldn't hunters using BLM lands be welfare hunters then?

I saw that the Nevada Cattleman's Association came out against Bundy and in favor of law and order. Says a lot right there.

What am I floundering on?

I'm not defending Bundy.

I am defending farmers and ranchers.

Should Bundy get his cows off the land ?

Do you think there's a difference between'' We the People'' recreating on our land and a private entity using our land to turn a profit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrisw
Back