BLM Directed to Implement Corner Crossing

What happens if the landowner put some sort of physical barrier (tall fence, rock pile, etc.) to prevent someone from crossing the first corner? I'm all in favor of CC and public access, plenty of places it would open up in Montana, but the whole idea of hauling a step latter across 3-4 sections sounds a little unpractical. If I'm a landowner and I saw a bunch of guys hauling ladders across corners and sections, I'd put a fence on the first one that's 10' set back a couple feet from the corner and call it a day. Maybe the points been discussed, so I apologize if I'm being repetitive.
It's a violation of the UIA for about the 200th time.

I keep this with my hunting license in case a rancher with cattle on BLM land harrasses me. The Taylor Grazing Act states that the grazing lease can be canceled for violations, part seven would seem to include corners based on the judges ruling. This can be a huge blow as the AUM fee is only $1.35 per animal unit per month on a BLM grazing lease.

Attachments

• 20230801_115524.jpg
    20230801_115524.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 30
IMO the public should be able to access public land. If ranchers/farmers don’t want them to set foot on their land they can put in the fences in the right locations to accomplish that. And if someone wants access I guess they’ll need a ladder. But I think the best thing would be to let the public across on foot by the most direct route unless the landowner wants to designate a different route.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back