Blacktail Bucks

DavidAk

Thought I'd share a couple pics of 3 deer we got last Sunday. The weather was pretty tough all week, but Sunday was clear and crisp, and the bucks were moving.

I like the reddish tint to the antlers..

NovBuck.jpg

BillBucks2.jpg

DaveJimBucks.jpg

Anybody else try for blacktails lately?

dave

I concur about the antlers...sweet. Nice looking deer.

1-pointer and I are trying to put something together for next year on Kodiak and would love to find one similar to the one you are holding.

Thanks for sharing.

Nice bucks!! I'd be happy with the ones in the bottom pics...for starters! ;)

mtmiller- You still want me to go? Only thing that seems to die around me is birds.

You guys'll have a blast if you hunt Kodiak. It's one of my favorite places to hunt. I've tent camped there and also hunted from a boat. I haven't seen the reddish antlers there, but maybe it's related to timing...

Good luck if you go..

BTW the buck i'm holding is the same one my brother is holding in the 2nd pic..

dave

very freaking nice.Man I wanna get down there bad for a couplke of them myself.Maybe next year.Was thinking of Montague myself.But we'll see what happens.Oh! and yeah them colors on those hors are nice.Daniel

Those are great. The antlers look like they're carved out of fine cherry wood or something.

:cool:

Are those the Sitka blacktail? I hunted prince of whales Island a few years back and we just cooned the deer and bear over there. There were some real toads but you had to get high early and cover the real estate!!

DavidAK Congrats on a nice Sitka Blacktail. I want to go up sometime and hunt those myself. How many deer can you shoot on Kodiak. Isn't it something like 5 if you want to buy that many tags?

Nice pics David and love them horns!
We're planning a trip up that way in -06 for BTails...got to get one of them thick-necked buggers to put beside my Columbians! Congrats!!

Kodiak hunters can take 3 bucks. 6 were allowed some years ago, but it has been slowly dropping. I'm expecting it to go back up to 4 next year, if winter is kind to them this season.

dave

schmalts...funny you should ask. we've been discussing that at home this week. these are the best tasting deer i've ever eaten, for some reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Failure2Adapt
Back