Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Blackhorn 209 in stock

Over the years I have used Pyrodex, Triple 7, and Blackhorn 209. For me, the Blackhorn 209 has been by far the best. I bought 2 jars of it a while back from the local Walmart for around $35/each. Probably a lifetime supply for me. Most years I don't muzzleloader hunt, as I usually don't have a buck tag left.

Just a heads up for those looking for Blackhorn 209
Saw some new stock in my local gun store ($79 for an 8 oz bottle)
Looks like some may be getting distributed.

I don't use it myself but thought I'd give a heads up for those that do, know it's been very hard to find lately

Perhaps this has been covered, but how long is BH 209 good for after opening?

I for some for a ML hunt in 2020 and its been in my climate controlled basement ever since.

I seen it for $80 in bass pro in Altoona ia today. You can get it shipped to a sportsmans warehouse too. Just fyi

Yep, they got you hooked , reduced the package size and tripled the price. Now thats a win. Its your money. Personally, i think it is temp sensitive.

Absolutely ridiculous pricing... I've been wanting to try this powder since I heard about it last year. I'm not rewarding excessive greed and locking myself into a ridiculously expensive and hard to find powder for 1 or 200 fps.

and who sells a half pound jug of powder? I'm going to use way too much working up a new load this year switching, that 8 ounce jug will be gone in no time.

I'll wait and see if walmart has some. They don't get alot of stuff in but they are one of the only stores that with ammo, they don't mark up/price gouge what they do have. If they have it, it will be the normal price.

Very expensive and not happy about the 8oz cans but everyone I talk to raves about it!

If you’re in the Dallas area, The Colony Scheels usually has a good amount of 209. That’s where I get mine. Seems no one in Texas muzzy hunts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back