Black Hills South Dakota Turkeys

PrestonMcDan

Hey everyone! I will be heading up to South Dakota from Mississippi in mid may to hunt for a week. I can’t seem to find a harvest map or anything on the Internet. I was planning on staying around deadwood in the northern Parton the hills. Just curious what the bird density is like throughout the hills. Any help is very much appreciated! Thanks!!

I highly recommend the shock gobble technique from an oversight. Plenty of birds to be found!

Hey everyone! I will be heading up to South Dakota from Mississippi in mid may to hunt for a week. I can’t seem to find a harvest map or anything on the Internet. I was planning on staying around deadwood in the northern Parton the hills. Just curious what the bird density is like throughout the hills. Any help is very much appreciated! Thanks!!
I can’t be of any help however I wish you good luck. The area I normally turkey hunt seems to have almost zero birds nowadays. Not sure what happened but I’m planning on doing what you’re doing next spring.

I can’t be of any help however I wish you good luck. The area I normally turkey hunt seems to have almost zero birds nowadays. Not sure what happened but I’m planning on doing what you’re doing next spring.
Good luck!

just got back hunted wyo side with nephew, got our birds in 4 hrs. turkeys were mostly up high. good luck

Always had better luck down south but there are birds all over the Hills.

Back