Black Gold great customer service

M

MN Public Hunter

I have to give credit where credit is due. Today I found out my Black Gold site was a RH site put on my left handed bow by the local pro shop. While dealing with the pro shop I also called Black Gold to find out the specifics of my sight.

I did not buy my sight directly from them, but the guy I talked to asked if I was willing to do it myself, he would send out the parts to make it right. I told him no and we had a great conversation, but I wanted to pro shop to make it right.

Moral of the story, Black Gold takes care of it's customers. Can't wait to get the proper sight on Monday.

Last edited:
I was out at their shop today. Man, they are busy. I guess that is what happens when you make great products and have great customer service.

Trying a 3-pin Ascent site they set me up with today. Shot some arrows tonight, and very amazed at how well it works. And, amazingly sturdy. Thinking this might be a great option for a guy like me. I hate having a big stack of pins. Hard for me to focus through them all while keeping my eye on the target. Still thinking what distances I will have those three pins at - 20, XX, and YY. Probably 30 and 40.

The pros out there also took a lot of time to provide some other recommendations and let me shoot some of their set ups. Those guys live and breath this stuff and they have a ton of information to share.

I totally agree, one of the best bow sights out there and absolutely the best customer service! I am a customer for life.

I have about a ten year old Montana Gold site that has lost a pin had a screw strip out, so I went to the local archery shop to buy a new site, he asked me what I had and I told him and he send it back and they will refurbish it and send it back you just have to pay shipping back to you.

I said well it wasn't there fault it has been through a lot in the last 10 years. He said no problem, so I called them. They said he got it wrong you send it in and we send it back and don't expect you to pay shipping back to you, just get it to them. WOW it was back in less then a week looked like brand new. I am a customer for life.

Last edited:
I was out at their shop today. Man, they are busy. I guess that is what happens when you make great products and have great customer service.

Trying a 3-pin Ascent site they set me up with today. Shot some arrows tonight, and very amazed at how well it works. And, amazingly sturdy. Thinking this might be a great option for a guy like me. I hate having a big stack of pins. Hard for me to focus through them all while keeping my eye on the target. Still thinking what distances I will have those three pins at - 20, XX, and YY. Probably 30 and 40.

The pros out there also took a lot of time to provide some other recommendations and let me shoot some of their set ups. Those guys live and breath this stuff and they have a ton of information to share.

Randy I would recommend going 25, 40, 50. Been doing this for years and love the simplicity of it. At 20 you are a touch high 30 a touch low all still in the kill zone if you hold dead on.

Black gold has been good to me also. Bought the sight new in 98 and still using it.Somehow broke my my plastic pin guard a few years back. Called them up and wanted to buy one but they sent it free of charge.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back