Black Gold Pro Hunter HD

Sheltowee

Currently running a CBE Engage Hybrid single pin but planning on stepping up to a three pin slider when I buy a new bow this spring. Leaning toward sticking with the Engage Hybrid platform but lately the Black Gold Pro Hunter HD has caught my eye. Really like the possibility of customizing the Pro Hunter HD with my own choice of pin colors and size. Currently contemplating a red .019 over an orange .019 over a green .010 for my floater. Price would be about $50 more over the CBE.

Any thoughts/comments/experience on the BG?

I use the dual trac and love it...too many pins blurs up my sight pretty fast with my eyeballs lol so with it set at max distance apart its a 20/40 yard pin with enough space I can see both clearly

I use the dual trac and love it...too many pins blurs up my sight pretty fast with my eyeballs lol so with it set at max distance apart its a 20/40 yard pin with enough space I can see both clearly
I’m pondering one post season. I’m 46 and recently had to get progressive lenses...

I'm running a BG dual trac 2 pin. First pin is 20yds and the second one is 40yds. I do like it's clarity and lack of clutter. My one callout is gapping for a 30yd shot. My last elk I killed was at 25yds. I didn't dial the sight but just held between the 20 and 40 yrd pin. (This is a shot I practiced alot before the season). The arrow hit where I thought it should and the elk didn't go further than 60yds - but it caused me to think that a 3 pin may be my next sight. Just to have the 20 , 30 and 40yds locked down with the slider ability to go for a farther shot if needed.

Attachments

• 20230525_172313.jpg
    20230525_172313.jpg
    804.3 KB · Views: 6
I'm running a BG dual trac 2 pin. First pin is 20yds and the second one is 40yds. I do like it's clarity and lack of clutter. My one callout is gapping for a 30yd shot. My last elk I killed was at 25yds. I didn't dial the sight but just held between the 20 and 40 yrd pin. (This is a shot I practiced alot before the season). The arrow hit where I thought it should and the elk didn't go further than 60yds - but it caused me to think that a 3 pin may be my next sight. Just to have the 20 , 30 and 40yds locked down with the slider ability to go for a farther shot if needed.
Does anyone make a vertical 3 pin? My eyes are struggling to focus through a horizontal 5 pin. I’m loyal to BG due to one of my best friends being a longtime employee.

You should check out the new IQ hunter sight. In my mind they've about perfected a hunting sight. It's a three pin slider, the top 2 pins are fixed and only the 3rd slides. I have the 5 pin and don't want to spend any money at the moment but I'd buy it in a second if I needed one.

Would be great to have it setup three fixed pins at 20-30-40 then you could shoot quick under 40 and dial for anything over 40.

You should check out the new IQ hunter sight. In my mind they've about perfected a hunting sight. It's a three pin slider, the top 2 pins are fixed and only the 3rd slides. I have the 5 pin and don't want to spend any money at the moment but I'd buy it in a second if I needed one.

Would be great to have it setup three fixed pins at 20-30-40 then you could shoot quick under 40 and dial for anything over 40.

I really want vertical pins to clean up the sight picture, but those pins are thin.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back