Caribou Gear

Bison in Eastern Montana

e300winmag

Has anyone heard anything about the re-introduction of Bison that is pending/occurring in North Eastern Montana (Region 6). Last year a number of land owners closed access to their property because of the potential re-introduction of the bison.
I have been making telephone calls to many of the land owners and game and fish and no one knows what the final outcome will be at this point.
My curiosity stems from the fact that out of state applications will be due soon and without answers the large amounts of accessible land for the general public in that region could become inaccessible.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A number of landowners have "closed" their land but R6 is a big, diverse region with a large amount of public land. some of the best hunting can be found on public land if your willing to do some hiking

I have been told there is a lot of good public ground down by CMR NWR. I am sure I will be exploring the area more this fall if the bison plan gets pushed through.

I have been told there is a lot of good public ground down by CMR NWR. I am sure I will be exploring the area more this fall if the bison plan gets pushed through.

There is no plan to move bison anywhere et. FWP has to still finish compiling their data gathered from the scoping process and the. They will release a list of possible sites. After that ,ist is released, local working groups will be formed to ascertain the validity of the proposed sites.

Right now folks are upset for a number of reasons, some valid, others manufactured.

Hope you have a good hunt and landowners realize that cutting access is a huge economic disincentive to their regions.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caveman84
Back