PEAX Equipment

Bird Slaying with twodot and mtcurman:

deflave

Our plan was to bring along my son so he could tag out for the youth season. But his grades were not to my standards so we rescinded his invite and shot birds instead:

Just another peaceful morning on the rez as I drove down Thursday morning:

I had to look away from the camera in an effort to reduce unwanted pregnancy on the worldwide web:

Bunnies were not safe either:

Travis

Saw lots of these things. They seem to be a popular game animal in the area. Everybody you bump into (which is not many) asks about them. I believe they are commonly referred to as "elk" and everybody wants to know where they are. I couldn't help but laugh because I see the stupid things everywhere.

curman with another bunny:

Some p-dogs in the mix as well:

Travis

This is what pickup beds should look like when you're in eastern Montana:

Not a bad haul Friday morning. I did have to get off the road a time or two (which I do not care for) but overall I would rate it a good bird hunt:

Another one of those stupid elk things when I was looking for some birds in the willows. Very irritating as they make all kinds of noise.

Travis

That's a whole lot of awesome in one photograph:

Wrapped things up with our favorite thing. Rock shooting:

Twodot just went on, and on, and on, and on, and on about how wonderful AR's are. He really likes my Colt.

Some 900yds rock bustin' with the CTR is always fun:

Twodot's second favorite. Next to the AR:

Travis

Some of you may have heard of a Montanan glass of poison knows as "Nash." AKA: "THE Nash." AKA: "The Nashinator."

He is known for throwing rocks skyward, and busting them with ease. He's best with his pistol but no slouch with his rifle:

https://youtu.be/qTTX0KbrCuE

Good stuff there...and folks ask how we can stand the cold winters in Montana. Days like you just had make it easy. That and I kind'a like the cold.

I'd like to thank twodot and mtcurman for the invite and my son for doing poorly in school. Without these things I would not have been able to make the past two days about myself and could have ended up walking a fair amount which I do not care for.

Great country:

Long drive back but well worth it:

Thanks for looking.

Travis

Birds get in the way when I elk hunt. Go figure. Looks like a great weekend. mtmuley

Another tailgate..

IMG_2332_zps2ivsf64l.jpg

Cool pics T.

Some say that a dog is handy for locating and retrieving fowls of the air. Do they employ such devices in Montana?

I typically use a dog but twodot and mtcurman would not allow me to bring him.

Travis

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VaDon
Back