ND mule deer hunt

20151109_080519_resized_zpshuopsks5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Too bad you couldn't find the deer u shot first . My guess is no exit hole = no blood but a dead deer for sure if u say u heard that thwap

I searched long and hard for him and nothing. Going over the shot in my head a thousand times I still do not feel good about it knowing it is out there. I started using these new hornady bullets not sure if I am a fan of them or not yet.

I searched long and hard for him and nothing. Going over the shot in my head a thousand times I still do not feel good about it knowing it is out there. I started using these new hornady bullets not sure if I am a fan of them or not yet.

Ok, what kinda points on the hornady's ? anyways, I wasn't trying to make you feel bad, if one hunts long enough something like that is bound to happen , I too hit a deer one time ( 6-7 years ago) with a .243 at 100 yards, saw the bullet hit the chest right above the shoulder, dropped like a rock in tall grass, searched for better part of 2 days and found no sign, nothing ..... Frustrating to say the least . About 2 years ago, I found the skull of what I think was him about 1/2 mile away. of course no way to know for sure. Anyways, thanks for the pics and looks like you guys had a good trip. :D

No I know you didn't mean anything by it. I just beat myself up on stuff like that even with birds I will spend a good deal of time looking for one. The bullets I think are the Hornady sst not sure what tip they have its like a red plastic? they sure worked well for my elk but did not care for them on this mule deer hunt. Even my dads deer did not bleed externally very much.

I shoot plain and simple bullets, federal soft point 180 grain outta my 300 wsm. 130s outta my .270, they work awesome .

I miss hunting the badlands. That was my favorite place in next to hunt. Congrats

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back