Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Bipods

mxracer317

Looking to grab a good set of bipod‘s for my kid.

What are some favorites that you guys have? In the past I’ve used Harris and Spartan.

I have not had a chance to try it yet but just received the hatch out west bipod this weekend. Looks like decent compromise between stability and weight. Just put it on my rifle to check out stability and it seems like it will do well. I ended up going with this bipod because even though I could not find a ton of reviews online every review I did read was positive and it has a wide
Range of height adjustment. Once I get a chance to shoot with it I’ll post up some more info on it. So far the only thing I don’t like about it though is the price was more than I wanted to spend on a bipod. But if it works it’s easy to switch between my rifles

I went with the hatch and used it last season. It’s really simple to take on and off (does require a pic rail on each rifle) and the adjustments are easy. I’d really be interested to try one of the Spartans with their longer set of legs for shooting from a sitting position

Have been using a Harris for years, but bought an Atlas this year for a new rifle (if you're going to be a bear, be a grizzly, right) and I have to admit, it's worth the money. The adjustability over the Harris is great, plus it's significantly lighter. I didn't like having to mount a picatinny rail to the front of my stock though - makes it janky to shoot off bags if I want to - but I'll have to live with it.

ROKSTEDi has some pretty awesome looking ones. I haven't gotten my hands on one in person, but they're on my wish list.

What I’ve been using.

Just as good as my Harris 9-13 I have.
View attachment 234177
I bought one of these this year. I have used similar bipod on my brother's BAR and my African PH's 270 WSM CZ. The only complaint is at the bench the pivot loosens after almost every shot. Not a big deal in the field as it's never required more than one shot off bipod to bring down the animal. They're also a bit of a pain in the butt to attach and detach but once I got the hang of it, not too much trouble. Best to set the rifle down as it takes two hands to spread the sling stud grippers. I think I'll carry it in my daypack as I do NOT like the substantial added weight so far forward on the gun.

I ha e the cladwell 9 to 12 I ch and won't antelope hunt without it. Makes a slung rifle uncomfortable so elk trips it stays home

Anybody have one that extends high enough for sitting shots? Preferably that mounts to the front stud not a rail. I want a bipod for my Antelope rifle and it is a pretty nice rifle (Colt Sauer beautiful wood stock in .270) and I am not gonna put a rail on it.
Thinking 25" or 26" extended with pivoting ability.

Harris like a 25S

Extends out to be tall enough for sitting shots. Does OK for kneeling too

I have not had a chance to try it yet but just received the hatch out west bipod this weekend. Looks like decent compromise between stability and weight. Just put it on my rifle to check out stability and it seems like it will do well. I ended up going with this bipod because even though I could not find a ton of reviews online every review I did read was positive and it has a wide
Range of height adjustment. Once I get a chance to shoot with it I’ll post up some more info on it. So far the only thing I don’t like about it though is the price was more than I wanted to spend on a bipod. But if it works it’s easy to switch between my rifles
I have one and love it, quality made, lightweight and small privately owned company. People are great to deal with. I'd go with the longer version.

The Harris 25-S is the best all around bipod for durability and steady shots, prone, kneeling or sitting. I also use a modified deer hide glove that had been worn out and cut a square out of it and then cut a small square out in the center to allow the sling stud to go through the hole and the bipod to be attached. The soft leather will protect against any chafing on the nice finish of a nice rifle...

image_19.jpeg

The Harris 25-S is the best all around bipod for durability and steady shots, prone, kneeling or sitting. I also use a modified deer hide glove that had been worn out and cut a square out of it and then cut a small square out in the center to allow the sling stud to go through the hole and the bipod to be attached. The soft leather will protect against any chafing on the nice finish of a nice rifle...

View attachment 247211
Yop, that’s the one I have. I generally toss it in the pack until I get onto the stand.

In the market for bipods, how is hatch out west bipod so far ?

In the market for bipods, how is hatch out west bipod so far ?
It’s been great I would highly recommended the hatch the only bipod I would choose over the hatch for
Hunting would be the MDT ckye-pod double pull. However I don’t see myself spending that much on a bipod but your situation may be Different. If you have any specific questions about the hatch let me know

Back