Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Bipartisan legislation proposed to postpone wolf reintroduction in CO

Call me lazy for not taking the time to do the research myself but what will the result be of removing the EIS requirement? Thanks.
Removes this requirement: "The United States secretary of the interior or the United States department of agriculture has not completed an environmental impact study under federal law." and only leave this:

"The bill prohibits the introduction of gray wolves into an area if:

• The United States secretary of the interior has not made a final determination as to whether the gray wolf population in the area is experimental, which gives the state greater flexibility to manage the wolves"

Removes this requirement: "The United States secretary of the interior or the United States department of agriculture has not completed an environmental impact study under federal law." and only leave this:

"The bill prohibits the introduction of gray wolves into an area if:

• The United States secretary of the interior has not made a final determination as to whether the gray wolf population in the area is experimental, which gives the state greater flexibility to manage the wolves"
The bummer there being the EIS would take longer and certainly would allow Colorado to press pause for a bit and iron out the other details

I tried to comment, but the submit button was grayed out and I couldn't figure out what the issue was.

Last edited:
Any chance Polis changes his mind?

No chance, but everyone should still submit comments. It’s funny that the Governor’s office uses DNR Director Gibbs’ testimony as justification for the veto. Our course he agrees with you Mr. Governor, you appointed him and he works for you. Kinda like when Governor’s office gave CPW a gag order when wolf reintroduction went on the ballot. Polis is no friend to hunters.

Is there any way for Colorado hunters to influence his upcoming appointments? Other than contacting our representatives when the confirmation process begins.

Back