Binocular to tripod adopter

Ozarkshunter95

I'm looking for a good way to mount my binoculars to my tripod so I can glass with them any recommendations I'd like something I can leave attached to my binoculars and will still fit in my harness if that's possible

The outdoorsmans is nice. Also, a company local to me here builds a very nice one, they are called Kramer design Corp. It uses a little cam lock to hold the bino stud, looks real nice. It's also a small local business and he builds everything in his shop.

I use the vortex adapter. I have the AGC pouch with the side pockets and it fits in there. I think you can pick one up sub $20

EDIT: I should not I have Maven B-2 11x45s. They are a substantial bino and the adapter hold them well.

Last edited:
Love the vortex uni-daptor. It fits my binos perfectly (SLC's), but I know there are some binos, like the Swaro EL's, that it will not fit.

I had issues fitting my 10x42 ELs w/ outdoorsmans adapter into the old kuiu harness (mostly with removing them one-handed on a stalk). The new kuiu pro harness fixes this issue for me.

This is what I have. Used it for one trip and seems to work great.

Attachments

• 06CAC069-6AC5-4D43-837C-7CF1565F5391.jpeg
    06CAC069-6AC5-4D43-837C-7CF1565F5391.jpeg
    910.9 KB · Views: 28
This is what I have. Used it for one trip and seems to work great.
This is what I have, and it works good. When I bought mine a while back, I want to say it was like half the price of the outdoorsmans for basically the same thing. I think outdoorsmans was a little lighter but I couldn’t justify the price difference at the time. The cost has gotten to be a little more similar between the two now.

I’m a big fan of the Leica Stabilite - it’s universal and super quick to deploy anything on, even a spotter or rifle in a pinch. It’s a tad pricey at ~$100 but I’ve been really impressed by it so far. Dead stable, and you can deploy it with mittens on as there’re no screws etc to fiddle with.

The only thing I’d say negative is that I did once lose the strap on a hike through some thick PJ in the dark, carrying the mount on my tripod on the outside of my pack. Leica replaced it free of charge, but now I always slide it off before a big hike...

Attachments

• 5406B560-91B9-49C4-8CA3-15FAAA8C181F.png
    5406B560-91B9-49C4-8CA3-15FAAA8C181F.png
    971.4 KB · Views: 4
I have a Snaplok base that weighs nothing with velco strap on top.Holds any bino. Similar style to one above...
Usually just use the Y-yoke on the tripod 1st.
Don't like the metal screw into hinge bases due to removing screws from hinges makes me cringe and they catch on everything including the bino harness and add weight just glassing.
I am looking at what Zeiss has for my new binos.

I have a Snaplok base that weighs nothing with velco strap on top.Holds any bino. Similar style to one above...
Usually just use the Y-yoke on the tripod 1st.
Don't like the metal screw into hinge bases due to removing screws from hinges makes me cringe and they catch on everything including the bino harness and add weight just glassing.
I am looking at what Zeiss has for my new binos.
New Zeiss? Someone put their stimulus to good use! Nice....

I run the Outdoorsman and have been extremely impressed with it. The only issue I have is my hunting partner has Leicas RF's and they don't offer an adapter for them.

New Zeiss? Someone put their stimulus to good use! Nice....
New used. My $ anyway...lol.
Have not taken the tripod out yet with them. No need so far. Very nice glass.
Picking up some hardware today and taking the long cut back thru Alpine to the Gila and will have the tripod today.
Will check out bino adapters while I'm in town.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back