Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Bino harness

I’ve used the AGC kiss and the FHF. I did not care for the AGC.

Just got the AGC and going to take it out for a spin this weekend. It's definitely a lot bulkier than the FHF and Kuiu. @PrairieHunter makes a good point about the lid direction, but I'm not wild about the lack of protection on the marsupial, and I'm over the Kuiu... that one is just garbage in comparison.

Also I recommend trying to order the ACG ultralight harness right off the bat, I think I'm going to have to grap one after handling my AGC for 20 min... the harness is sized for a f-ing ogre, like I'm sure Joe Rogan wears it 80% cinched up, I had to literally make mine as small as possible and it still feels huge. I think the harness is sized for a guy 6'4" 220-285. Seriously though I feel like I'm an 8 year old running around in his dads t-shirt. I'm 6' 150lbs for reference.

I do like the pack itself, seems to shut securely and protect the binos well. Not to many frills, fairly rugged construction, which I wanted.

Just got the AGC and going to take it out for a spin this weekend. It's definitely a lot bulkier than the FHF and Kuiu. @PrairieHunter makes a good point about the lid direction, but I'm not wild about the lack of protection on the marsupial, and I'm over the Kuiu... that one is just garbage in comparison.

Also I recommend trying to order the ACG ultralight harness right off the bat, I think I'm going to have to grap one after handling my AGC for 20 min... the harness is sized for a f-ing ogre, like I'm sure Joe Rogan wears it 80% cinched up, I had to literally make mine as small as possible and it still feels huge. I think the harness is sized for a guy 6'4" 220-285. Seriously though I feel like I'm an 8 year old running around in his dads t-shirt. I'm 6' 150lbs for reference.

I do like the pack itself, seems to shut securely and protect the binos well. Not to many frills, fairly rugged construction, which I wanted.

You know, I've had mine so long I forgot how tight I had to cinch it. It's not so bad when you have a few layers on. I'm 5'9" 160 lbs. So they make a smaller harness? Will have to check it out...

You know, I've had mine so long I forgot how tight I had to cinch it. It's not so bad when you have a few layers on. I'm 5'9" 160 lbs. So they make a smaller harness? Will have to check it out...

I'm not sure if the dimensions are smaller, but it is less substantial... therefore you can make it smaller. Sorry, poor articulation on my part... but that's all I got

I'm not sure if the dimensions are smaller, but it is less substantial... therefore you can make it smaller. Sorry, poor articulation on my part... but that's all I got

Yeah I found it. You're right they market it as an alternative for children. Lol. Alaskan men must be huge.

Yeah I have a Kuiu currently, it works but has issues as you highlighted. For me the main feature was not having gaps in the case, marsupial and FHF both have rather large holes for debris to enter. I’m tired of crashing through brush getting to the top of a hill and finding twigs in my harness and dusty lenses.

I’m not a big fan of the closure mechanism of the marsupial, FHF and AGC were really close, I like the slimmer profile of the FHF over AGC.

I think preferences also has a lot to do with your hunting style, if you aren’t taking your binos and putting them on a tripod or letting someone look through them the Kuiu would be ok, if you don’t charge though bushes like an idiot or play in the rain I think marsupial and FHF are great.
It's funny how many bad designs there are out there on bino cases. I found that with the badlands and eberlestock. Make it slim, lid open the right direction, keep the front smooth so nothing catches in the brush, keep debris/dust out of the binos, place for cell phone and a couple accessories. Optional rangefinder pouch. Quiet material. Not that difficult.

I have not had issues with debris on the marsupial but I did have that issue with the old S4 setup, it did not protect the optics at all. That think was junk, makes you wonder what team of idiots thought that design was a winner.

I really like the magnets over the century old hook and loop design that some use. I pull my binos out a lot it seems and i like not having to look down or fiddle with my fingers getting it open/closed.

But the bottom line is the lid seam needs to be on the back, not the front IMO. Having the lid open on the front leaves the hook/loop open to catch on everything, and it won't stay open unless you tuck in back under which is a pain.

It's funny how many bad designs there are out there on bino cases. I found that with the badlands and eberlestock. Make it slim, lid open the right direction, keep the front smooth so nothing catches in the brush, keep debris/dust out of the binos, place for cell phone and a couple accessories. Optional rangefinder pouch. Quiet material. Not that difficult.

I have not had issues with debris on the marsupial but I did have that issue with the old S4 setup, it did not protect the optics at all. That think was junk, makes you wonder what team of idiots thought that design was a winner.

I really like the magnets over the century old hook and loop design that some use. I pull my binos out a lot it seems and i like not having to look down or fiddle with my fingers getting it open/closed.

But the bottom line is the lid seam needs to be on the back, not the front IMO. Having the lid open on the front leaves the hook/loop open to catch on everything, and it won't stay open unless you tuck in back under which is a pain.

Fully agree, at this point there isn’t a harness out there that checks my boxes, I’m putting fully enclosed over having a lid that opens forward, but I totally see why you would want the marsupial. Will have to do some field testing and see if it stays shut.

Last year I had to vacuum my Kuiu out after every hunt, was not impressed.

Fully agree, at this point there isn’t a harness out there that checks my boxes, I’m putting fully enclosed over having a lid that opens forward, but I totally see why you would want the marsupial. Will have to do some field testing and see if it stays shut.

Last year I had to vacuum my Kuiu out after every hunt, was not impressed.
I like my Marsupial but right after I got it they came out with a new one that had the cell phone pouch so I'm still not satisfied. Amazing how in 2019 manufacturers are just figuring out that people want their phone handy for talking, camera, gps use so they are starting to figure it out.

Hopefully by 2021 one of these manufactures will get it right.

I'm still waffling about this as well but need to pull the trigger soon... I'm down to FHF or AGC... @mtmiller and @Schaaf I think you guys have used both, opinions any glaring problems I should be aware of?

Looking for low profile with the ability to hold a bottle of wind indicator so the AGC KISS, leaning towards AGC because the FHF isn't fully enclosed and allows crap in the sides, which is a bit of a bumper for wet AK hunts and busting through oak brush in CO.

I've had hands on experience with marsupial, badlands, and ADAK have not been impressed with any of them... I have the KUIU and well... it's better than just a neck strap but that's about the only thing I can say for it.
I have the Marsupial and the AGC cub with the max pocket. For what you describe as your need I would go with the AGC. I like to wear the Marsupial better but for shear protection and durability I dont think you can go wrong with the AGC. If I was heading to Alaska I would pack my AGC.

I used my AGC Denali extensively last week in NM. Its really good but not perfect. Same complaints as above. What I do like is the complete coverage and the rangefinder and additional side pockets. The phone pouch on top is really nice as well. What I don't like is that the additional pockets for rangefinder and misc. stuff on the sides are zip. This should make it last virtually forever but I felt like it was a little loud. Everything is about tradeoffs. A front open might be nice as well but I got pretty used to a motion that lifted the lid and dropped the binos with relative easy. Ive previously used the Badlands and horn hunter systems and I think the AGC is more robust and useful out west.

Back