Bino harness with pouches

7mm08mo

Looking to replace my harness with a enclosure type harness to protect the binos as my caps have broken off. Anybody have any reccomdations?? Looking to keep it small I don't really know some of the pouches look big. Looked on black ovis last nite liked the looks of the tenzing harness. Others have big straps and im afraid with my pack that would be alot I don't know any suggestions on what you use or like will be appriceated. Was stalking antelope this fall and had to belly crawl and hold optics up out of dirt this is why im looking into this. Thanks

I bought a FHF Gear bino harness off the classifieds on Rokslide. Probably one of the best gear upgrades I've ever made when I pitched the Crooked Horn harness and went to the FHF Gear system. I also got the rangefinder pouch.

It makes life exponentially easier when you're trying to belly crawl.

I bought a FHF Gear bino harness off the classifieds on Rokslide. Probably one of the best gear upgrades I've ever made when I pitched the Crooked Horn harness and went to the FHF Gear system. I also got the rangefinder pouch.

It makes life exponentially easier when you're trying to belly crawl.

I've used FHF for the last three years. Falls into the "How did I hunt without it?' category.

Check out Alaska Guide Creations. Should fit the bill for you. If you have smaller binos, you can get a very compact pouch. I have the medium, and it has plenty of room for my binos, and has zippered pouches for extras.
When you are using your pack, just put the bino harness on first, then put your backpack on. It won't interfere with the bino harness.

Last edited:
I used the Horn Hunter bino case this season and was very pleased with it. The magnetic flap allowed me to use it to open, glass, then close it one-handed. It has a side pouch for range finder and a rear pocket for license & tags. The comfortable back and should harness fits under my pack, with the pack chest straps easily snapped under the bino chest straps. Practical, comfortable and a significant improvement for me.

I have used many different and hands down FHF is sticking with me for good. Top of the line quality and top of the line guy that designed and built it.

Check out Alaska Guide Creations. Should fit the bill for you. If you have smaller binos, you can get a very compact pouch. I have the medium, and it has plenty of room for my binos, and has zippered pouches for extras.
When you are using your pack, just put the bino harness on first, then put your backpack on. It won't interfere with the bino harness.

I second this one. Very easy to use one-handed, binos are completely protected. There are a lot of good reviews comparing the kuiu, FHF, Alaskan guide.

I have the fhf and the Alaska guide creations harnesses. I prefer the AGC, but you really need to look at them both and decide for yourself.

I was gifted the small sized Badlands bino harness, which was barely large enough to hold the 10x42's. I returned them to upsize the pouch, and discovered that the larger size allowed for a very easy fit, with extra interior space for a couple of small items, and a water bladder holder option added to the shoulder blade harness. The neoprene/magnetic closure is claimed to be dust/wet impervious, and when I open/close the pouch with intention, is dead quiet.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back