MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Bill Foster - Big Game Hunter

2rocky

37593648_U7cdN-M.jpg

In Rio Vista CA, there is a Bar and Restaurant Called Foster's Bighorn. It if Famous for the assortment of Taxidermy inside.

I stopped in on my way back from the valley for a pheasant hunt, since I'd never seen it before. It was an interesting collection.

More Photos of Fosters Bighorn.(from the Web, not my photos)

One thing that stuck with me though is how worried we get today about state of the art clothing. In half of Bill's photos , he was wearing bib overalls! I counted over 12 different sheep mounts. Guided or not, he got it done!

With new technology we have had it easy. It's the ones from the past that continue to amaze me. I have gotten better at hunting over the years with experience, but the old timers knew how to get it done great picture.

That statistic about only a dozen giraffe heads in the world can't be correct, can it?

Doesn't Moosie have a giraffe in his place? (Moosie, not to suggest that you are anything less than one in a million)

Sounds like a cool place to stop.

I thought I recognized the name of the restaurant and I looked back through my Duncan Gilchrist books and found it on page 194 in "Quest for Giant Bighorns".

Thanks for sharing.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
applesauce4000
Back