Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Bighorn sheep maccess zone 680?

MTGunner

Has anyone, other than myself, received. a post card in the mail touting access to private land in zone 680? The price for access is $59 ma person, tag holder I assume. BTW, if I am not correct I believe the BH draw stats will be online June 17. The deadline for this access is June 16. ???Scam? MTG

Access...

Seems there was someone hawking access to private land near or in the 680 zone. Do not recall where I read this. Correct me if I( am wrong. But, I believe there is ample public access in 680. MTG

I learned a few weeks ago about the master mind behind this idea. He is an outfitter in the bear paws. Who'da thunk?

I got the postcard. I think this is another landowner/wildlife pimp taking a playbook from Chris Faber. This one has a lower price but the same premise. What a freaking joke. The new BMA that should be open in 680 is gonna make these guys lose their butts on getting those fancy cards made and postmarked. I can't see anyone paying 60 bucks before they know if they drew considering how much public land is available to hunt.

????

How did they get the info regarding those that have entered the draw for the 680 zone? I find this to be annoying and intrusive. Much alike getting political BS info from prospective foes asking for money. Too much BS and no enough privacy. MTG

I only put in for a 2nd choice ewe tag there and they still sent me one. FWP obviously sold our info. Gonna be time to get a law passed to keep hunter information private. general stats are fine, but now that my hunting choices are being used for private monetary gain and marketing I am a little irritated.

How did they get the info regarding those that have entered the draw for the 680 zone? I find this to be annoying and intrusive.

I'm fairly certain there is language on the FWP website when you apply for a license that states FWP is required by law to allow those who request information to see who applied for what. It's right beside the little box you check yes or no when they ask if you want to be on their contact lists.

I only put in for a 2nd choice ewe tag there and they still sent me one. FWP obviously sold our info. Gonna be time to get a law passed to keep hunter information private. general stats are fine, but now that my hunting choices are being used for private monetary gain and marketing I am a little irritated.

Gerald is correct. So is Ismith. Difference between the opt-in and opt-out is that if you want the opt-out data you have to go to FWP and collect it yourself. Many non-profits do this for fundraising purposes or organizing purposes.

Only wolf license holders are shielded from this by statute due to the death threats they were receiving.

My Dad got one of these also. His comment - "There's lots of public land up there, why pay for it?"

I didn't put it for 680 - and didn't get the flyer. Not that I'm complaining...

Get your Air Fair!!!

All private around the public has been leased. Do your research before you put in.

All private around the public has been leased. Do your research before you put in.

Are you implying that all access to Public ground has been leased up? If you don't become a 'member' of access2hunt then there's no chance at getting a public land animal in 680?

I haven't done the research because I haven't applied up there. If I do choose to enter, then yes - I'd research ahead of time.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back