Yeti GOBOX Collection

Bighorn sheep hunt

Huge ram! Congrats to your father.

Let's hear some details. Was this a remote hunt or day hunt out of vehicles?

How many days spent in the field?

In Sept. we put on the miles but we could not find what we where looking for.(I told my Dad I would not let him shoot one under 180) I knew they would come down when the rut started, And did they ever.. We left Sunday got up there at about 3:00pm. As soon as we rolled in we seen about 60 sheep with some 180 rams in there. We glassed them tell dark and planed the next morning. Mon. we got up and started to look for sheep ( Out of the truck) We found the same group as the night be for and some hunters going after them. So we let them be. Every where we looked we seen sheep. That day we glassed over 200 sheep. We found a ram that was on privet land that I thought would go mid 180s with lamb tips and over a full curl. ( My dad wanted one with no lamb tips and lots of mass ) So we would get up the next morning and glass all the hot spots to see if anything new had come in. As we where going to one of the spots we seen some sheep from the highway and stopped to glass them. I knew right when I seen him that he was the one. So we made are stock. We got to are spot and at 30 yards he was broadside and above use, I had the camera and told him I was ready and rolling, and just as he went to release my camera went dead |oo :BLEEP: :BLEEP: But none the less he made a great shot and the ram walked about 20 yards be for he came tumbling down the hill. He landed just as he is in the pict.

I better draw next year..........

I put a tape on him last night and it looks like he will go 188 3/8 that would put him 7th in the Montana P&Y. Just got a call from my buddy where we got this from and he said there is a 200" running around and not a tag left for that area. Next year for me!!!!!!!

So what area do I put in for?? Awesome job!! Good luck on the draw for next year.

That is one of my 3 goals. A 190's ram, 380+ bull elk, and a 30"+ muley all with a bow. A little hard to accomplish in CA and on a limited budget!!

Congrats once again!!

Back