Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Biggest one yet.

6x6archeryelk

This is my biggest elk so far. Got it this week with a bow. My two year old has already claimed the rack.

Attachments

• elk2.jpg
    elk2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 404
I live and hunt in New Mexico. Unit 9 to be exact. The elk are rutting silently this year and aren't coming to the call in the area I hunt. They are gathering cows. I decided to sit an area the elk travel and use as a staging area in the evening. I watched 4 cows enter the clearing and begin feeding. I decided that I was going to try to take a cow as the meat is better eating then the rack anyway. The wind was wrong and they busted metrying to get in position. When I turned to check behind me the bull had entered the clearing and the wind was perfect to set up on him. I waited and he passed at 30 yards. The shot was perfect and he walked 40 yards and dropped. I was suprised when I approached at how wide he was for a 5x. From tip to tip at the top he is 41 inches. Like I said my best bull ever and made me wonder if maybe I could pass on the meat next year in hopes of a real good bull. (I doubt it but who knows.)

Great Bull

6X, congradulations on the Bull, very nice. I hve yet to kill a Bull, I only see them while Mulie hunting with no Elk tag. I have shot a couple cows but only with Rifle. Bow is always my first choice but it's tough to talk my buddies into the Bow trip out west. I'll be doing the third gun season in CO this Nov.
I have a 6 yr old son who has also begun to lay claim to some of my hunting gear and trophies. Sons are the greatest gift.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back