Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Bigger than a placemat? (pics)

mtnboy

Out last night with the kid (my new lucky hunting charm)
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
and ran into this little guy in a spot that I've been saving... I tried to close the gap last night, but with this guy I may have to reconsider my bow or bust...
eek.gif

Any guesses on the size of the RED BLOB???
brown-03-bigred-ass.jpg

brown-03-bigred-ass1.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 05-31-2003 17:25: Message edited by: mtnboy ]</font>

Shoot something already.. ALL those pictures are killing me
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

HOW many different bear have you seen this year ?

Yessir BOSS! Whatever Moosie says!...I've seen a few bears this year, but it's now....GAME OVER.

...the tables got turned on me tonight... light was fading fast...it had been a long night, as I hadn't seen a hide nor hair.....my guard was down as I was almost back at the truck, bow and rifle slung over my shoulders........I'm looking down, kicking a fresh pile...........When I look up there's two beedie eyes glued on me and coming at 20 yards......I freeze, hoping it will turn into the little swamp to my right (and I might get a bow shot I've been waiting for)....but it keeps coming....DOH! I slip my rifle off my shoulder (expecting it to bolt)....it stops......we stare(GULP!
eek.gif
)....it starts coming again.....
fight.gif
fight.gif

Sorry I'm so slow gettin' back, but I've been smokin' busy....

....this guy was a LINEBACKER making Big Red look like a girl....the BEAR I'd been waiting for (I wouldn't hesitate with my rifle) after passing on many bears this season - his shoulders were WIDE, he had the bowlegged waddle and he had the thickest grisled cinnamon coat I've seen (almost looked like a Grizz.....)

I was actually pretty calm (having been close to quite a few bears this year)....until I shouldered my rifle, looked through the scope and saw nothing but BLACK!!! (I forgot that the day before I'd just bought these pop up scope covers) I fumbled open the covers and centered on his sternum...then, when I released the safety........he turned and headed for the thick trees.... I never did get him, but I'll be back there nightly lookin' for him. After him I couldn't even look at those other bears
frown.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-03-2003 18:03: Message edited by: mtnboy ]</font>

WELL HELL... It's like that sometimes Bro... KEEP after him !!! If he's in that area , You'll find him eventually !!!

That was exciting...
I have had a bear come within fifteen feet of me once in the Cascades the day after bear season was over...
His coat was a light tan!!!
biggrin.gif

Back