Big

Too bad you don't need permits on the Marias. Demand would skyrocket. mtmuley

Manny's Diner dive in Bozeman was a favorite spot to get breakfast during my college days in the sixties and a fun place to visit with an iconic colorful fisherman and famous short order cook, Manny Voulkas. He hung his fishing buddy's 29 pound brown trout Wade Lake state record over on the wall near the grille and I marveled at it, longing to hook something even close. Often arriving at Manny's, hungry for his large breakfast meal, one would disappointedly find a note on the locked door, explaining, "Gone fishing."
RIP Manny.

Manny's Diner dive in Bozeman was a favorite spot to get breakfast during my college days in the sixties and a fun place to visit with an iconic colorful fisherman and famous short order cook, Manny Voulkas. He hung his fishing buddy's 29 pound brown trout Wade Lake state record over on the wall near the grille and I marveled at it, longing to hook something even close. Often arriving at Manny's, hungry for his large breakfast meal, one would disappointedly find a note on the locked door, explaining, "Gone fishing."
RIP Manny.
Yeah, I had a few "breakfasts" at Manny's after closing the bars with my dorm roommate mid seventies. I seem to recall an old hag waitress who worked the late shift. Boy, she didn't take any crap from the college kids. Didn't she have some kind of physical handicap? One eye or one arm? What a character. That place could easily have obtained historic landmark status. Damn shame it was torn down. Another casualty of the unconscionable developers who have made Boze Angeles what it is today ... awful.

I heard that it was really the Maddy.

Big Browns behind every boulder on the Madison.

Yeah. The Madison, that's where it's at.

Helluva fish. Congrats to the angler!

Yeah, I had a few "breakfasts" at Manny's after closing the bars with my dorm roommate mid seventies. I seem to recall an old hag waitress who worked the late shift. Boy, she didn't take any crap from the college kids. Didn't she have some kind of physical handicap? One eye or one arm? What a character. That place could easily have obtained historic landmark status. Damn shame it was torn down. Another casualty of the unconscionable developers who have made Boze Angeles what it is today ... awful.
Yep, that was Kate ... lean and mean! What a character is spot-on, and her brief but spectacular moment of fame came when as a super loyal and expressive Johnny Cash fan, she received a visit from Johnny, who bestowed her with a bouquet of roses when he was in Bozeman for a performance.

Nope, Ben, it was the Marias somewhere near Conrad, where the guy often fished. On the Madison it's nice fish and big "toobs" behind every boulder!

Pretty cool to see a record from 55 years ago broken, conservation practice works!

Back