Big white bird

mtmiller

Love it when they come into the decoys with the landing gear down.:D

22639527662_a2cdf93544_c.jpg

Did GuNR fetch him for you?

Bird was dead when he hit the water with 2 3/4 #3's. GuNR did fine in the water, but when he hit a bulrush he was not able to get it through it.

I think he likes hauling mallards better.

22639508052_5e373c2af1_c.jpg

Bird was dead when he hit the water with 2 3/4 #3's. GuNR did fine in the water, but when he hit a bulrush he was not able to get it through it.

I think he likes hauling mallards better.

Those swans are so big I think a young dog especially isn't used to having to bite that hard to hold that bird. I had a female years ago that I really had to work with because she was so soft mouthed. I had to freeze a couple of geese and work with her fetching them so she could see it was okay to bite that hard. Nice pics. Swans are fun to hunt. I miss my labs.

Those are great pics. Swans are so cool. We have the trumpeters in this country and they are really impressive to see. We can't shoot them, though.

Love the intensity on his face in the mallard shot. We lost our Lab this summer so I look forward to seeing your pics of GuNR in action.

Congrats to you sir.

I shot one too but instead of decoys mine was pass shot. Those things are crazy to watch while falling out of the sky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back