MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Big Snowy Mountains MT Access

DogEatDog

I'm a Montana local planning on a spring bear hunt in the Big Snowy Mountain range. I have not been there yet which is why I'm going. My Concern is access. I hate showing up in the late driving into your spot you had planned but cant get access. Total bummer. So I'm wanting to get some input from you guys. My main hitlist is the Southside of the snowys. Swimming woman creek, Careless canyon, Timber creek and Brooks coulie. I am going to find out myself but usually the hard way. Lol. So any advice on access helps.

I'm a Montana local planning on a spring bear hunt in the Big Snowy Mountain range. I have not been there yet which is why I'm going. My Concern is access. I hate showing up in the late driving into your spot you had planned but cant get access. Total bummer. So I'm wanting to get some input from you guys. My main hitlist is the Southside of the snowys. Swimming woman creek, Careless canyon, Timber creek and Brooks coulie. I am going to find out myself but usually the hard way. Lol. So any advice on access helps.
I’ll PM you and hopefully help some

I’ll PM you and hopefully help some
@MTHunter1321 and @DogEatDog -

Just graduated college last May and finally saved up enough to purchase the gear necessary for a Spring Bear hunt. I’m heading to the Big Snowys and plan to hunt in the same area DogEatDog was looking at last year.

My two largest concerns are access to the National Forest in that area and timing - when it will green up enough to get to higher elevations and glass. Unfortunately, I can’t wait too long to check on spring temps/snow melt as my PTO is limited and I need to schedule it out at least a month in advance.

Any advice in these areas would be much appreciated. Thanks!

when it will green up enough to get to higher elevations and glass. Unfortunately, I can’t wait too long to check on spring temps/snow melt as my PTO is limited and I need to schedule it out at least a month in advance.
That’s always a crap shoot. It can be 65 and sunny for a week, and then snow for the next four.

South side will green early, there is an atv trail along the length of south side
We saw a lot of bear hunters in there last year. Not sure how much success.

There is a proposed access coming on north west but it is still in planning phase.

@MTHunter1321 and @DogEatDog -

Just graduated college last May and finally saved up enough to purchase the gear necessary for a Spring Bear hunt. I’m heading to the Big Snowys and plan to hunt in the same area DogEatDog was looking at last year.

My two largest concerns are access to the National Forest in that area and timing - when it will green up enough to get to higher elevations and glass. Unfortunately, I can’t wait too long to check on spring temps/snow melt as my PTO is limited and I need to schedule it out at least a month in advance.

Any advice in these areas would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Once you can PM, send me one and I’ll try and help.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back