Caribou Gear

Big screen TV's

IDduckhntr

Me and the wife are looking for a TV-a big one but cant get through all the "tech" talk. Looking at them in the stores isnt helping much either :eek: , so we would like your opinions! LCD/Plasma/Projection?? Is a 46/47 that much better than 40/42?? Not real big gamers (although there is a WII under the tree-so that could change) Just want to know what people think outside the showroom and in their living rooms!

I just bought a Mitsubishi DLP - 1080, 57 inches horizontal (didn't pay attention to diagonal as I was concerned about width.) I got a bigger TV for less money going DLP versus LCD or plasma, and add in the ability to replace the bulb and have almost a new TV - that's what sold me. I put it down in the finished basement and now have to wait for satellite hook-up. (I'm getting rid of cable and going Direct TV.)

My son sat on the couch and cuddled up with me (I hate to think that he will soon be too old to think that is cool anymore) while we watched a Star Wars DVD and told me me, "Dad, this is just like being at the movies!" :)

I also ordered a Playstation 3 for a Christmas present, and it also plays the Blu-ray DVDs....

Back