BIG Pennsylvania Bear

Big bear for sure, but this guy was shot back in 2010. I still lived in the state then, and know the area where he was shot very well. Biggest shot this year tied at 713 pounds. PA grows some whoppers!

Definitely huge! But that type of photo drives me crazy, maybe if he would have taken it outside for the picture he could have sat back even farther behind the bear. maybe clear across the yard, then it would have looked even HUGER :)

PA has some hogs! Had a 700 pounder shot 5 miles from my house several years ago. Some taxi's even have to use brown bear or grizzly forms to mount them.

Too bad you can't really get a feel for how big it is because he did the stupid "stand way behind it" pose.

Definitely huge! But that type of photo drives me crazy, maybe if he would have taken it outside for the picture he could have sat back even farther behind the bear. maybe clear across the yard, then it would have looked even HUGER :)

lol exactly what I was thinking.... absolutely ridiculous. I'd give the guy $200 if he could touch the animal from where he's sitting.

There was a lot of controversy over this bear, including the photos. There were no photos that truly did him justice. The guys that shot it are pretty consistent at getting them- they put in a lot of time scouting and put on a lot of drives during the season. This bear, was well known, and even nicknamed, a byproduct of suburbia encroaching on premiere habitat.

Back