MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Big Ones (photos)

Biggest mule deer (I’m ashamed to even post this deer on this site with so many guys shooting big ones!).
Crappy WY weather, snowy/wet and lived out of our packs and tents. My attitude was slipping until this day, I made up my mind I was shooting a deer that day or collapse from exhaustion, whichever came first.

Luckily the deer came first, the exhaustion part followed after packing it solo back to camp a few miles through gumbo. A very fond memory of hanging in there and getting it done. Also was the first deer I broke down solo via the gutless method, I had always had help before. A cool memory for sure.

Attachments

• 66CF57A5-ACB3-4E48-8513-0C5E5DFDB8F7.jpeg
    66CF57A5-ACB3-4E48-8513-0C5E5DFDB8F7.jpeg
    883.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
from this fall, not my biggest - but the antelope has the longest prongs of any I've taken. Will know on Saturday the official measurement, but I suspect 7". I suspect the elk was the biggest I'd seen in western MT, but not this year - several seasons ago. Not sure he's the same one, but of the 3 of us that saw him in 2015, we all think there's a good chance he's the same elk, just way older and on the decline.
wy lope 2019.jpg
krelkrack19.jpg

11 foot gator with a bow Feb.of this year.

4ScPjaq.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back