Big League Opinion Piece for Jose

Hey BHR,

And I say this with all due respect. Go (*$$ Yourself.

You don't need to start threads calling me out. I don't give a !@@( about you, and, I don't start threads pointing out what an #((&@*# you are.

So, as I am guessing Fin locks this thread, soon. Allow me to reiterate. Go )&# Yourself.

Jose worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay.

Last edited:
The thing about pieces like that, is that Dan West is still touting mineral, timber, and extractive uses over the recreational value and economy driven by public lands.

That's curious, since recreation is the number 2 industry in Wyoming now, and in all likelihood will surpass minerals in the not so distant future.

I wouldn't call this piece Big League, perhaps, trending more toward Bush League.

When we sat down at a meeting with Governor Mead last week, he expressed his views on public lands, looking well into the future. His vision, I think is 20/20, in regard to public lands. As the population increases, and as people build up the West, the states that do the best job of keeping landscapes intact...they are going to be the States that thrive economically into the future. The best way to keep these lands intact is to keep them in Federal control, no two ways about it.

Mead made it a point to mention that it would be flat too easy for the State of Wyoming to simply peddle a few thousand acres, every time they hit a funding issue (he brought up education as the example this year). He's 100% correct, and while that sounds like a good idea to knuckleheads, its not a sustainable solution to any funding problem, to peddle your most valuable assets.

I have much respect for Governor Mead, the guy isn't like most in our Legislature. He looks down the road more than just to tomorrow, and admits the short-sightedness of some of the State Legislature in this whole PLT issue.

I really hope he runs for either the House or Senate next and takes that same level of common sense to D.C. Would be a great change over the 3 we have now representing Wyoming.

Last edited:
In the heat of battle Jose wove a tapestry of obscenities that as far as we know is still hanging in space over Lake Michigan.

I am a warehouse of useless knowledge

Well, since you all are so appreciative, lets have BigHornRam put another quarter in him And have another round :hump:

When we sat down at a meeting with Governor Mead last week, he expressed his views on public lands, looking well into the future. His vision, I think is 20/20, in regard to public lands. As the population increases, and as people build up the West, the states that do the best job of keeping landscapes intact...they are going to be the States that thrive economically into the future. The best way to keep these lands intact is to keep them in Federal control, no two ways about it.

Mead made it a point to mention that it would be flat too easy for the State of Wyoming to simply peddle a few thousand acres, every time they hit a funding issue (he brought up education as the example this year). He's 100% correct, and while that sounds like a good idea to knuckleheads, its not a sustainable solution to any funding problem, to peddle your most valuable assets.

I have much respect for Governor Mead, the guy isn't like most in our Legislature. He looks down the road more than just to tomorrow, and admits the short-sightedness of some of the State Legislature in this whole PLT issue.

I really hope he runs for either the House or Senate next and takes that same level of common sense to D.C. Would be a great change over the 3 we have now representing Wyoming.

Can Gov. Mead start spending more time talking with other western legislatures, please:D

I'm just worried about who will run in 2 years to replace him...

We need to remember this in all our states during the mid-term elections to get the money grubbing pro PLT politicians out of office.

The thing about pieces like that, is that Dan West is still touting mineral, timber, and extractive uses over the recreational value and economy driven by public lands.

That's curious, since recreation is the number 2 industry in Wyoming now, and in all likelihood will surpass minerals in the not so distant future.
And I believe tourism is coming close to edging out Ag for #1 in Montana.

And I believe tourism is coming close to edging out Ag for #1 in Montana.

Agreed, and also I see a need for the business's that benefit from public lands and public wildlife to start kicking in some money to help the FWP, GF, Parks, etc.

These business folk get a lot of benefit from these things, and many don't pitch in a nickel...same with outfitters. Time for them to step up and start providing funding...I'm growing tired of free-loaders.

I'm just worried about who will run in 2 years to replace him...

Makes two of us, I'm really enjoying the approach our governor has taken to this PLT business. But I have faith that the incoming regime will notice the value that recreation has on the state and keep it the same or at least on same track. I can tell you that one of the most attractive things about keeping the Air Force base manned for active duty and civilian employees is the states recreation, certainly not the housing market (currently looking to buy and it hurts). If that were to vanish, not only the state but the Air Force base would be in for a world of hurt. I think BuzzH might have a few write in's in the coming elections!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back