BIG blacktail shed!

OregonTK

Found this 75 to 80 inch blacktail shed last week. I actually have a left antler off this same buck from 3 years ago...so now I have a matched set from the buck (almost) ! ;)

This is the antler from a couple years ago...

Here's a trailcam pic I got of the buck packing his antlers a couple years ago...

That is a great buck. When you gonna put him on the wall, both sides attached to a skull plate?:D Do you get mulie crosses in your blacktails? Rather that's a pure blacktail or cross, that's a really nice buck. Cool find on the sheds.

Must be hard to pair them in typical Blacktail country! Great find and best of luck with either the other side or getting a look at him in the season. Hell of a buck!

Thanks guys! I have no idea where this buck summers, he doesn't show up till winter and I have never laid eyes on him in the rut when many of the bucks are vulnerable. He obviously has a good hidey hole in the mountains.

That is a great buck. When you gonna put him on the wall, both sides attached to a skull plate?:D Do you get mulie crosses in your blacktails? Rather that's a pure blacktail or cross, that's a really nice buck. Cool find on the sheds.

f4s...I've never seen any mule deer in the north end of the state where I live, but I think southern Oregon gets some interbreeding. These big old bucks live most the year in the thick timber and never see the light of day till the rut and winter kicks in. Being in the Mt Hood National Forest means that these big bucks are classified as mule deer for P&Y and B&C scoring. I've killed lots of nice blacktail bucks not far from my home thay would score high in P&Y, but fall into the mule deer category because of the "line on a map". But I could care less, they make my personal record book regardless of size and pedigree! :)

Back