Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Big Bear. Story?

Oak

Expert
Anybody know the full story behind this bear? Here's all I got with the pic:

"Reportedly, the guy on the right was bear hunting and stumbled on these two boars. He shot the large male as he was devouring his younger counterpart!!!!!!

bigbear.jpg

Oak

Yeah... Appearntly the guys were deer hunting up on that island, and they came across the bear on the right. He was 1600 pounds and 12 foot. Had ate a Forest Service employee earlier...
redface.gif

That's a hawg! Interesting story. I wish there were more pics.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>He shot the large male as he was devouring his younger counterpart!!!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that was the reference to the Forest Service guy getting ate.
eek.gif

Hmm, I think I've already heard that story, gunner.
wink.gif
I was hoping someone could come up with a better one. C'mon use a little imagination!

Oak

I just hate posting rumors...
biggrin.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-09-2003 08:56: Message edited by: DavidAk ]</font>

Also...I was told the little one was an 8 footer...tip to tail I imagine, doesn't look like he was in good shape for a squared measurement.

Just another tidbit from the rumor mill.

dave

WOW!!!!! That is one BIG bear.
eek.gif
eek.gif
I can understand why the guide wanted the guy to make his shot count. A poorly placed shot would just tick the bear off to no end. Then the bear would have a hunter and a guide in his belly to go with the forest service guy from earlier.
eek.gif

Quick Draw

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-08-2003 19:24: Message edited by: Quick Draw ]</font>

I'm so tempted to come up with a wild story, but can't. First time I've seen the picture, and haven't heard a thing about it.
Actually I think it's a brother of the huge man eating world record 1800 pound bear that was killed a couple of years ago. :D

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back