Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Big Arizona Bull!

EliAGrimmett

I'm not an elk expert, but I thought this bull was pretty big! What do you guys think it would score? And how much more will it grow?

Screen Shot 2013-06-29 at 10.06.15 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-06-29 at 10.06.36 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-06-29 at 10.06.45 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-06-29 at 10.06.49 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-06-29 at 10.06.58 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-06-29 at 10.07.03 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-06-29 at 10.07.09 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-06-29 at 10.07.25 AM.jpg

I hope it grows a lot more and that it is living in the unit for which I have a tag. That is really good growth for this time of year. I would expect he will grow quite a bit in the next six weeks. With good feed and moisture, he will hopefully develop some good tops and more on the 3rd and 4th.

You ever gonna apply for an elk tag?

I think I've applied a few times in the past. The seasons don't seem to coincide well with my regular job schedule. We'll see, maybe I'll get the itch in the future.

Wow, looks pretty big to me! I don't know if this holds true for elk or not, but back here in the midwest when looking at deer in velvet they say that if the ends of the tines are getting to a point, then they are done growing. If they are still "blunts", then they will grow more yet. I'm no biologist, just what I have heard and seen on local whitetails, so it could be the case with elk as well. maybe,..

Two things. If you put the first pic in the middle of your screen, then move the mouse over to the side bar and scroll down quickly you get a .45 sec video of the elk lowering his head!
He IS a big elk and will likely get bigger still. I hope he evens out some as it looks like his deductions could effect his score quite a bit, IMHO.

Good looking old bull!
2nds are interesting where they come out real close on the beam to his
firsts. Wonder if he has thrown them like that his whole life.
Plenty of beam to him, bottom 3 tines won't get any longer, but lots to go
out back.
You would have to be thinking 370 plus when finished as he has length to
everything, pretty much all of his tines, lh 3rd a little shorter, but that wouldn't matter.

Do you have any pics of him last year or earlier this year in velvet. Antler development
is a very interesting subject and much can be learnt from looking at the same
animal over different periods of its life.
Thanks for putting up the pics

The points that are more round and plump still have some growing to do...mainly the 4, 5, and 6, or even a 7. My guess is that when he is done growing he will make 382. Hope someone gets him so I can see how close my guessing is.

Wow very impressive growth. I would say when the growing is all said and done he would be a solid 380 bull.

Its amazing how the 3rds effect a bull. With that said, this is a solid critter and would be a shooter in just about everyone's book (mine included).

Still early, he has some growing to do. Thanks for sharing.

I'd love to see that bull when he's finished to see what develops. He has the awesome fronts already that could give him a good score depending on what grows up top.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back