Big Agnes zipper question

cwitherow

I like the idea of the Big Agnes Anvil Horn 15 with the pad sleeve. I currently have a Kelty Cosmic 20 and the warmth is good, but I constantly will fall off the pad. I noticed they offer a right and left zipper. Is that if you are looking down at the bag or if you are laying in it?

Any insight on this, and the bag in general, is always helpful.

I purchased a Big Agnes Lost Ranger 15 degree bag 4 years ago with a pad sleeve. I roll around a lot and fell off my last bag, but I’ve found myself much colder in that style bag. I used my dads kuiu 15d bag for first season Colorado this year. It was 20-25 at night and if I slept in anything more than my skivvies and a beanie I was too hot in my bag... I think the inherent problem with the bag is there is no down between your pad and the floor of the bag.

I purchased a Big Agnes Lost Ranger 15 degree bag 4 years ago with a pad sleeve. I roll around a lot and fell off my last bag, but I’ve found myself much colder in that style bag. I used my dads kuiu 15d bag for first season Colorado this year. It was 20-25 at night and if I slept in anything more than my skivvies and a beanie I was too hot in my bag... I think the inherent problem with the bag is there is no down between your pad and the floor of the bag.
Squished down provides very little insulation. I'm a fan of the BA system (have used a Lost Ranger for 20yrs) as I'm a side sleeper and fat. I stay on the pad. An insulated pad helps a bunch. YMMV...

I love my anvil horn 15, best money i spent on gear in a long time, i also like the fact that i can pick my zipper side!

I like the idea of the Big Agnes Anvil Horn 15 with the pad sleeve. I currently have a Kelty Cosmic 20 and the warmth is good, but I constantly will fall off the pad. I noticed they offer a right and left zipper. Is that if you are looking down at the bag or if you are laying in it?

Any insight on this, and the bag in general, is always helpful.
Did you end up buying this bag? That’s what I am looking at as well. Viewed the bag at REI and seems nice. Just wonder your opinion on it? Thanks

Did you end up buying this bag? That’s what I am looking at as well. Viewed the bag at REI and seems nice. Just wonder your opinion on it? Thanks
Not yet. I tried it with the same pad I use and it will be a great option for me, just have other spending priorities at the moment.

My Big Agnes Storm King became my go to sleeping bag except in truly Summer situations. Even on a cot a second foam pad under my Thermarest in the sleeve really kept me from feeling any cold spots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back