Big Agnes bag

I have a BA 15deg bag. I can't say it's better than everything else because I haven't tried everything else. I can say that I've had it for 6+ years. I've taken it on countless trips and 2 deployments and it's still in great shape and has never failed me. It packs very small and still fluffs up nice. There have been times that I needed a warmer bag. I just put this one inside the military 3-bag system……..money!

A big pro is the sleeve for the pad that keeps you from rolling off of it. Another plus is the wider footbed in many of the models.

I have the Summit Park. I am a big guy and I can't do mummy bags. I bought it with the thought that the extra weight was worth the comfortable sleep. I hauled it into a NV wilderness and I won't do it again. If you are in a Basecamp or Horseback scenario I recommend it. I still use mine for just that.

The next time I backpack in, I will be looking at a down quilt.

Ditto EODray, I've never been on deployments with it, but countless trips and never fails. The sleeve for sleeping pad per schmalts is nice indeed.

Down only way to go imo.

No cons.

Thanks for the info.

I just can't do a typical mummy bag, feels like I've been shoved in a game bag, and I wallow around to much at night.

I have the Summit Park. I hauled it into a NV wilderness and I won't do it again.

Why? Too heavy/bulky? Looking at the specs for the down version it seems as though it will compress pretty good and isn't too terrible heavy.

Again thanks for the info.

My niece and her husband use BA pads and bags. Love 'em. So my wife and I got the pads (already had down bags from decades ago) and we too like how small they roll down. My pad formed a pin hole leak within two horse trips but BA replaced it promptly with no hassle.

Thanks for the info.

I just can't do a typical mummy bag, feels like I've been shoved in a game bag, and I wallow around to much at night.

Why? Too heavy/bulky? Looking at the specs for the down version it seems as though it will compress pretty good and isn't too terrible heavy.

Again thanks for the info.

Yes too heavy and bulky for backpacking! I'm telling you there are better options for about the same money. 600 Down has about the same heat and compression as good Synthetic fill. If it were 800 Fill you may start making a case for it. Not even Big Agnes considers this a backpacking bag...Thus the Park Series.

1. Check out an Enlightened Equipment Revelation W with 750 Down (25oz)
2. Used Mont Bell UL SS Down Hugger #1

Pair it with a wide low weight pad(i.e Exped UL Synmat LW 21oz)...not a Big Agnes Long Wide Insulated Air Core and you'll be way under the weight of just the Summit Park.

I've used a Big Agnes Lost Ranger since 2003. I've been very happy with it. It is starting to lose a bit of loft, so I'm thinking of replacing it in the next year or so. I'll be going with another Big Agnes. Unless you are going to be spending lots of time in places where things can get very wet, I'd opt for down. IMO/E down just feels better and does a very good job.

I can only repeat what has been said here. I own a BA Pomer Hoit 0 degree bag. It is a down mummy bag, but has enough room for me. As for the quality I have not had any problems in the two years I have owned it. I would look into Promotive if you qualify as I would not have been able to justify a bag for almost $500. Also, I love the sleeve for the pad. That feature alone is why I choose this bag over my marmot never summer 0 degree bag.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back