Biden Plan to End Online Ammo Sales

Thank God... The First and Second Bill of Rights present absolutes.

As I've shared in past discussions, the old, "Without the Second there would be no first, without the First there would be no Freedom."

I was criticizing AZelk, but did not need to lower myself to old racial allusions to do so. If we don't call that kind of crap out when we see it we are never going to actually move forward from where we have been stuck for the last 50 years.
Calling out sanctimonious horseshit also moves us forward.

Lots of our Founders didn't like the "merchant" class either. Just the landed gentry had the wisdom to rule. You do need to read more history, our Founder's were not as monolithic or egalitarian as the rhetoric suggests.

Of course they weren't. But they still managed to hammer out the greatest instrument of egalitarian governance ever in our US Constitution.

Thank God... The First and Second Bill of Rights present absolutes.

You again mis-state 200 years of constitutional jurisprudence. Try making fake bomb threats or screaming "fire" in a theater and see where the absolute 1A get you.

Why do both sides work so hard to re-define, mis-define and revise history these days? I guess both sides can't come up with actual persuasive and nuanced arguments.

slightly off topic question: if online ammo sales were illegal, for us who have oddball cartridges, do you imagine that the number of reloaders would increase? personally, i think it would.

additionally, i would actually be okay if the ban on online ammo sales still allowed us to order our ammo for pickup at our local ffl. it would make ammo still available to the consumers, but also it would promote small business growth. California did this, and few people have really fussed about it, those who did fuss about it really need to re-evaluate their priorities, they get drive to starbucks on the way to work, but wont go 10 minutes from home to pick up ammo...... welcome to the amazon era i guess.

From my view, the solution is in the primaries.

Also, there is no real distinction between control of government and control by parties, since the parties run the government. I am not saying I like it, just noting it is not so simple. Who is this non-party affiliated government that would run the elections? We have no such thing.
I agree that changing primaries would be a big step; perhaps the most obvious way to easily make change. Even just a national primary for each party would be a game-changer.

Treason. BO is the leader of the Deep State coup masters. He allowed the targeting of the Trump campaign.

They have all done that... He has a lot worse things that he has done, but you'll never sell it for him to be imprisoned. Him or anyone else during that period. But that is really off topic, isn't it? Nothing to do with online ammo sales.

Is it the fact that every mistake you've ever made, verifiable or not, hearsay or not, will be brought before the court of public opinion?
Unfortunately I think it will only get worse. There is now a young generation of people that have documented thier thoughts and actions on online social media since they were old enough to use a smartphone, forever stamped on the internet. What happens when the some norms of today are no longer socially acceptable. When one said or did as an immature teenager is then ammunition to ruin that life.

I dont know what to think anymore, this seems more and more like a crossroads for the country and our two choices are absolute chit. Recall the primaries? How the hell do we end up with Biden and Trump. Why on earth was Trump not challenged for the Republican nomination?

At this point I cannot vote for either candidate and I'm embarrassed that they are the choices to be president of this great country.

I have a plan to restore the integrity of the Republic. This plan wouldn't have been easily possible 10-20 years ago but now thanks to modern computers it is. The Founders of our Republic were against the establishment of partisan political parties and warned us about them. They envisioned a Govt of, by and for the People. Parties destroyed that possibility. My plan. All political parties to be invalidated and outlawed at the Federal Level. The States may retain and entertain them at their own discretion. The names of all verified eligible Americans of the allowed age and qualifications are uploaded into a dedicated data base during every applicable election cycle. 2 year for the House, 6 years for the Senate and 4 years for the Presidency. This mainframe will need to be installed in a super secure stand alone environment and location. No outside connections via landline or WIFI etc. It will be guarded by dedicated security 24/7/365. I don't know who would do that tho. Buddhist monks maybe? IDK? Anyway all the eligible citizens go into the data base and the selection is run; a lottery if you will. Lets say MTLabrador is selected as the 1st for the job of President. The Secret Service comes to his door and informs him of the good news?, and he has 24 hours to either accept or decline. If he accepts he's the next President; if he declines the SS moves onto the 2nd selectee and so on and so on. Now if you accept a Federal position you'll never be eligible for that one again but you'll be put in for the other 2 branches. Also you only serve for one term only. The beauty of this plan is that it totally eliminates the corrupting influence of money and the parties interests in Governing the Republic. Lobbyist wouldn't be able to function, corporation couldn't donate massive amount of money to parties or candidates any longer. Also we would now have a true representative govt of people from all walks of life, status, class and experience. That's the vision our Founders had. They wanted bakers, masons, farmers, barbers, seaman, grocers, doctors, businessmen etc. rubbing elbows and coming up with solutions to the problems of the day, not just ivy league elitist lawyers and grifters. Everyone would be termed out and have to go back to the jobs and careers they held prior following service to the Republic. God Bless America! 🇺🇸
Can we buy preference points? I’d suggest we have MT FWP run this whole thing. They seem to be masters at creating games of chance and setting up computer systems to manage them... :rolleyes:

Back to topic - I hate the extra government regulation this would entail and don't believe it would add anything to "gun safety". But it would not be the end of the world if you can have shipped to nearby FFL and if you are exempt if you live more than 25 miles from an FFL. But both 2A and Roe opponents have decided this is how the game is played - death by a hundred tiny restrictive regulatory papercuts until you can get the big SCOTUS win (if that ever comes).

slightly off topic question: if online ammo sales were illegal, for us who have oddball cartridges, do you imagine that the number of reloaders would increase? personally, i think it would.

additionally, i would actually be okay if the ban on online ammo sales still allowed us to order our ammo for pickup at our local ffl. it would make ammo still available to the consumers, but also it would promote small business growth. California did this, and few people have really fussed about it, those who did fuss about it really need to re-evaluate their priorities, they get drive to starbucks on the way to work, but wont go 10 minutes from home to pick up ammo...... welcome to the amazon era i guess.

I think you should rethink your thought on California and how many really “fussed” about it. It is still a big deal that a lot of gun owners are not happy about. You say 10 minutes out of your way, Im Not Sure if you know very much about California but not everyone lives in a city that is 5 mins away from a gun store. Also do you understand that the gun store you go to to order your ammo especially when it’s something they don’t stock will mark it up? They aren’t going to do the transaction for free. Were u also aware of the new background check in California and how it is actually done to keep people from buying ammo? Not trying to be an a** but I don’t think you have all the details about California and the new hoops we have to jump through to buy ammo.

So things to think about...

1. For some folks the nearest FFL is a long drive away... possibly hours.
2. A lot of states don't differentiate between powder, bullets, primes, brass, and ammo. So you could be paying $20 to buy a $3 product.
3. Most states don't require a background check to buy ammo or supplies. So essentially if you shoot an 06 your paying $20 a box of ammo if your shooting a .264 win mag you pay $50 + $20 FFL fee.

If you can already buy ammo at a store without a background check what does banning online sales actually do?

Well I'm a little reluctant to jump into this mess but what the heck There's an old saying "When you go into a bar, never talk about religion or politics unless you want to start a brawl". One of the problems I see is that a good percentage of people who should vote don't. There excuse is "It doesn't matter who you vote for. They're all a bunch of crooks". These are all rural folks I grew up with who were farmers, loggers, hunters and fishers. (I know that's not a real word). And then there are those who shouldn't vote because they don't know anything ( a nice way of saying they are stupid). Have you ever seen those man on the street interviews where they ask random people questions like what year was the revolution or who wrote the constitution? The older generation can usually answer these but it seems like the younger and even smart college kids can't tell you who George Washington was. Politicians know this and say whatever they think you want to hear and we get what we get. Maybe we should have to take a citizenship test to get the right to vote. I hope that one day a third party would emerge based on common sense. It's too late now but If John Wayne was running in a common sense party, he'd get my vote in a minute. I'm a strong supporter of 2A and in my opinion it was specifically put there so that in the future we could protect ourselves from an out of control government like the founders faced in their day.

Try making fake bomb threats or screaming "fire" in a theater and see where the absolute 1A get you.
Holme's quote is prior to the "Bright Line Principle"... (Added for clarity: regarding the "imminent lawless action")

Last edited:
Back to topic - I hate the extra government regulation this would entail and don't believe it would add anything to "gun safety". But it would not be the end of the world if you can have shipped to nearby FFL and if you are exempt if you live more than 25 miles from an FFL. But both 2A and Roe opponents have decided this is how the game is played - death by a hundred tiny restrictive regulatory papercuts until you can get the big SCOTUS win (if that ever comes).

Agree.

Obviously no one in the Biden camp is asking me for advice, but my modification would be shipping only to FFL dealers in states that already require FFL to buy ammo and in states that do not (most) allow ship via a method where the courier is required to check your id.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back