PEAX Equipment

Biden BLM appointee

I know logging is small potatoes but it’s part of the job description and she was a member of earth first biggest anti logging eco-terrorist group I ever remember. You know there mandate includes public ground grazing too? Love to see some of you flame on that. I wasn’t on this sight to express my outrage during pendley but I bet you did. Buts there’s nothing to see here with stone manning right? Because your boy made the nomination? I don’t know where you’re coming from on this but seems like a biased position. Honestly I talked to Randy on the phone multiple times over a few years (he hunted a relative of mine’s ranch) and he is a great guy. He told me he had a hunting show and website and I wasn’t even aware of it. Years later I decided to check his stuff out (what Randy does is great) hence I ended up on this sight. I want to be banned 😂 these arguments are addictive in a way but I never experienced so many left leaning hunters in one spot. I described what I have witnessed wolves do and get the post lmfao in response from someone who posts at same time he’s going on his FIRST elk hunt ever. The hate for ranchers some have expressed on here is disgusting. For me it’s depressing and I am signing out. I bet most of you are using the latest trekking poles on your next western hunt? I was way better off years ago not knowing this site even existed. There’s a new breed of hunters and they will vote our lifestyle out of existence. The worst are probably the self righteous public land western hunters coming from not western locations and becoming residents. Here is what I have learned from my brief experience here- make sure you shoot the smallest caliber possible. Become a “real” hunter and always get within 200 yards. Wolves do no harm really and controlling or eliminating wolves won’t increase elk numbers at all. All public land should be some form of wilderness since older guys and others that don’t hike in 100 Miles are just lazy. (We all eventually become older hunters). If I believe in and personally reduce predator numbers I’m just a redneck that didn’t get an internet biology degree. I live on a 20 acre “horse ghetto “ and I need to get my ass into a subdivision. Ranchers who live out in the land and make a living off it are the problem. Most important really wealthy people get all the breaks and I should wallow in self pity rather than take advantage of all the economic opportunities this country provides. Randy please ban me I think I have gotten dumber and I can’t afford any more “education “
Like once told, go ahead and quit. It's like a bucket of water; stick your arm in, then pull it out. It stays the same; no impact, no difference. If you want to make a difference ... then carry water!

Hopefully, My last post. YES you are very weird.
We're all pretty darn weird. At some point we just move on to the next thread...

duty_calls.png

At some point around second or third grade, I experienced the horror of finding out that some people have different opinions about some subjects than I do.
Although traumatized, I adjusted.

Along the way,I think I even learned to appreciate that someone approaching a problem with a different perspective doesn’t automatically make them wrong or even in disagreement with a common end goal.

Hopefully @Trap cools off and reconsiders. Sometimes you just gotta agree to disagree. He seems to contribute more and seems more level headed than some who we all wish would pack up. 99% of everyone here are good guys and good hunters. You gotta just let the political differences go.

We're all pretty darn weird. At some point we just move on to the next thread...

duty_calls.png

Well said !👍 That cartoon is unfortunately me at times. probably not enough coffee this morning and I will own the drama in my post. It was over the top. Accumulation of a lot of stuff I read on here that I totally disagree with and some of it makes me concerned for our future as western hunters and even our lifestyle as folks living in the west. Really I get passionate about some topics and I can’t afford to spend that much time on here and pretty sure I won’t change anyone’s mind. I will do my best to leave drama free 😂 carry on -I think the topic was the BLM appointee? Ha ha

Well said !👍 That cartoon is unfortunately me at times. probably not enough coffee this morning and I will own the drama in my post. It was over the top. Accumulation of a lot of stuff I read on here that I totally disagree with and some of it makes me concerned for our future as western hunters and even our lifestyle as folks living in the west. Really I get passionate about some topics and I can’t afford to spend that much time on here and pretty sure I won’t change anyone’s mind. I will do my best to leave drama free 😂 carry on -I think the topic was the BLM appointee? Ha ha
My observation as a middle aged man is that there’s a certain point of commonality among men between @ late 50’s -70’s.
They have experienced a lot of life and found solutions that contributed to what they believe success to be. This is almost always accompanied by a lot of hard work and sacrifice. They tend to become set in their understanding, their ways, and dismissive of anyone or anything that doesn’t fit appropriately within their paradigm. Often their pride causes them to tell others off and then they isolate themselves rather than approach present problems and people with some humility and understanding they don’t have all the answers.

It really is a loss in the end because many of them have an incredibly valuable experience and perspective to share. Society today has so much information and so many opinions to choose from it’s easy to tune out those who haven’t taken the time to communicate their perspective in a compelling manner.

My observation as a middle aged man is that there’s a certain point of commonality among men between @ late 50’s -70’s.
They have experienced a lot of life and found solutions that contributed to what they believe success to be. This is almost always accompanied by a lot of hard work and sacrifice. They tend to become set in their understanding, their ways, and dismissive of anyone or anything that doesn’t fit appropriately within their paradigm. Often their pride causes them to tell others off and then they isolate themselves rather than approach present problems and people with some humility and understanding they don’t have all the answers.

It really is a loss in the end because many of them have an incredibly valuable experience and perspective to share. Society today has so much information and so many opinions to choose from it’s easy to tune out those who haven’t taken the time to communicate their perspective in a compelling manner.
Thought you were a contractor. Now you can evaluate me and my beliefs? Funny. mtmuley

At some point around second or third grade, I experienced the horror of finding out that some people have different opinions about some subjects than I do.
Although traumatized, I adjusted.

Along the way,I think I even learned to appreciate that someone approaching a problem with a different perspective doesn’t automatically make them wrong or even in disagreement with a common end goal.

Oh crap I thought I was done Unfortunately I agree with this also. Different opinions matter and well debated differences can lead ,sometimes , to better outcomes. Caught myself checking HT multiple times last night at the rodeo that my wife and 2 of my kids were participating in. Thought “what am I doing?” I guess I just felt I was spending too much time here and blew a gasket lol. Again I will voluntarily take a break and sorry for derailment of this thread into my personal counseling session 😂😂 I blew a gasket what more can I say? Ha ha. The ht response from some of you has been spot on. Except the trekking pole slander!! I stand by those comments 100 percent!!! Just kidding I think 🤔 we used trekking poles as kids we called them sticks

Thought you were a contractor. Now you can evaluate me and my beliefs? Funny. mtmuley
They are generalized statements of observation.
If you don’t like it then you can….😂😉

Maybe I can reach reach crotchety old man status before I hit 50.

My snarky reply to @mtmuley not withstanding, I meant what I said about them having a valuable perspective to contribute.

It’s just not always the only perspective than can provide insight on how to approach issues that affect us all.

Oh crap I thought I was done Unfortunately I agree with this also. Different opinions matter and well debated differences can lead ,sometimes , to better outcomes. Caught myself checking HT multiple times last night at the rodeo that my wife and 2 of my kids were participating in. Thought “what am I doing?” I guess I just felt I was spending too much time here and blew a gasket lol. Again I will voluntarily take a break and sorry for derailment of this thread into my personal counseling session 😂😂 I blew a gasket what more can I say? Ha ha. The ht response from some of you has been spot on. Except the trekking pole slander!! I stand by those comments 100 percent!!! Just kidding I think 🤔 we used trekking poles as kids we called them sticks
What rodeo? I was watching the PBR bull riding in Livingston last night with my family.

What rodeo? I was watching the PBR bull riding in Livingston last night with my family.

It’s called the Newport rough stock rodeo. All rough stock events with barrels in between. One daughter won, the other got second and they both beat there mom ha ha. All barrel racers now my son used to ride bulls though. My wife and I are from Montana but we’re in Idaho now

I have been trying to figure out if this attitude you speak of is a characteristic of that particular generation that they have carried with them, or if that is a characteristic of people that age and someday I will be that way.

sort of scary to think that there may never be a boomer extinction, that there will just be new boomers

My snarky reply to @mtmuley not withstanding, I meant what I said about them having a valuable perspective to contribute.

It’s just not always the only perspective than can provide insight on how to approach issues that affect us all.
Snarky? You? Hadn't noticed. Hope the bull riding was good. Hell, even my California wife likes it. Some of my redneckness rubbed off. mtmuley

Accumulation of a lot of stuff I read on here that I totally disagree with and some of it makes me concerned for our future as western hunters and even our lifestyle as folks living in the west.
I believe you'd be hard pressed to find another site that has the amount of people that have done just that for decades. If there's another site with the cumulative amount of knowledge and experience of how to understand and navigate hunter/wildlife issues, I have yet to find it.

I know logging is small potatoes but it’s part of the job description and she was a member of earth first biggest anti logging eco-terrorist group I ever remember. You know there mandate includes public ground grazing too? Love to see some of you flame on that. I wasn’t on this sight to express my outrage during pendley but I bet you did. Buts there’s nothing to see here with stone manning right? Because your boy made the nomination? I don’t know where you’re coming from on this but seems like a biased position. Honestly I talked to Randy on the phone multiple times over a few years (he hunted a relative of mine’s ranch) and he is a great guy. He told me he had a hunting show and website and I wasn’t even aware of it. Years later I decided to check his stuff out (what Randy does is great) hence I ended up on this sight. I want to be banned 😂 these arguments are addictive in a way but I never experienced so many left leaning hunters in one spot. I described what I have witnessed wolves do and get the post lmfao in response from someone who posts at same time he’s going on his FIRST elk hunt ever. The hate for ranchers some have expressed on here is disgusting. For me it’s depressing and I am signing out. I bet most of you are using the latest trekking poles on your next western hunt? I was way better off years ago not knowing this site even existed. There’s a new breed of hunters and they will vote our lifestyle out of existence. The worst are probably the self righteous public land western hunters coming from not western locations and becoming residents. Here is what I have learned from my brief experience here- make sure you shoot the smallest caliber possible. Become a “real” hunter and always get within 200 yards. Wolves do no harm really and controlling or eliminating wolves won’t increase elk numbers at all. All public land should be some form of wilderness since older guys and others that don’t hike in 100 Miles are just lazy. (We all eventually become older hunters). If I believe in and personally reduce predator numbers I’m just a redneck that didn’t get an internet biology degree. I live on a 20 acre “horse ghetto “ and I need to get my ass into a subdivision. Ranchers who live out in the land and make a living off it are the problem. Most important really wealthy people get all the breaks and I should wallow in self pity rather than take advantage of all the economic opportunities this country provides. Randy please ban me I think I have gotten dumber and I can’t afford any more “education “
When you pull your head out of the sand and don't like what you see.

Back