Biden Administration stops ANWR development

Next gen nuclear is the only viable option - every thing else is subsidized chrony capitalism and feel good stories that can't come even close to proving full engery to 8 billion people. Folks need to stop thinking 3-mile island and understand what a boon to the economy and environment these next gen options present. Their potential blows away the lifecycle footprint of all the competing options. Especially when a lot of the cost is self inflicted regulatory and delay costs. If you just focus on the install and operation costs they are even a better value. And we keep killing it for non-scientific reasons - for example, there was a lot of promise in TerraPower's next gen but it got killed over the China trade war - so now China is doing it without us - way to go USA.
Here you go VG. In Wyoming no less. Project has a completion date in this decade so we will find out if its hype or reality.

I could be wrong, but I believe when Anwr was created land was set aside specifically for future mineral extraction.
I thought the Arctic Coastal Plain federal lands were set aside
with ANWR as a National Wildlife Refuge (20 million acres),
the National Petroleum Reserve (23 million acres) just west of ANWR for oil development.

I thought the Arctic Coastal Plain federal lands were set aside
with ANWR as a National Wildlife Refuge (20 million acres),
the National Petroleum Reserve (23 million acres) just west of ANWR for oil development.
Here is a cartoon that kinda shows the situation. Red is the haul road, green is unit 1002 which is the area that was put up for lease. Orange are active wells, Red "A" is an active drilling rig. There are three. Below is the rig count for the rest of the country.

1623684906382.png
Rig Count
1623684982033.png

Here is a cartoon that kinda shows the situation. Red is the haul road, green is unit 1002 which is the area that was put up for lease. Orange are active wells, Red "A" is an active drilling rig. There are three. Below is the rig count for the rest of the country.

View attachment 185723
Rig Count
View attachment 185724

Facts have no place around here 😂😂😂

Green energy/green new deal looks more viable when gas prices go through the roof. If I were conspiracy minded..........

OTOH everything is going up; highest inflation rate since the 70s. We ordered a bunch of groceries last night and prices on many items were up way more than the 5% quoted for overall inflation. For those of us with investments, we'll be fine; for those struggling, who experienced the most wage growth pre-pandemic, times will be tough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back