Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Biden Administration stops ANWR development

I'm all for oil&gas hell I worked on a rig but I don't understand the point in them trying to expand right now it's not like we don't have oil in west/south texas, New Mexico, oklahoma, north dakota and many other places that have already been drilled and have the infrastructure in place. There's no way to not impact the wildlife if they decided to drill and eventually there would be abandoned wells all over the refuge just like there is in oklahoma. Once they start drilling anwr they won't stop, just like they where planning to do the pebble mine.

I'm all for oil&gas hell I worked on a rig but I don't understand the point in them trying to expand right now it's not like we don't have oil in west/south texas, New Mexico, oklahoma, north dakota and many other places that have already been drilled and have the infrastructure in place. There's no way to not impact the wildlife if they decided to drill and eventually there would be abandoned wells all over the refuge just like there is in oklahoma. Once they start drilling anwr they won't stop, just like they where planning to do the
Many of those shale plays tap out fast. At some point we will need to drill there.
And pebble should proceed as well.

Many of those shale plays tap out fast. At some point we will need to drill there.

There are literally tens of millions of acres leased currently that are not being drilled. Let the industry screw up public lands down here before they screw up a critical wildlife refuge and make us pay for their clean up.

Don't worry, he plans on shutting it all down. He's a fool who believes we already have the infrastructure for his "green new deal". Anwr certainly doesn't need to move forward today but there's no reason he shut the Keystone down. I hope they fight his ass on that one.

We may need to at some point but there was no point in trying to start especially with oil low they just wanted their foot in the door for later. If they wait and present there case when it's needed people might understand instead of trying to push it through. Again I don't believe oil is going anywhere and it might be better than wind turbines as far as wildlife goes not sure I know they're annoying to work around so I assume they have an impact.

And the permian has been around almost 100 years so there's really no telling how long they'll last especially with fracking and any new technology that will come up down the road.

Last edited:
I
Don't worry, he plans on shutting it all down. He's a fool who believes we already have the infrastructure for his "green new deal". Anwr certainly doesn't need to move forward today but there's no reason he shut the Keystone down. I hope they fight his ass on that one.
I agree on the pipeline now there's 10-15000 people out of work but for some reason alot of people have to be 100% for or against when it comes to these things. Now oil is going to be hauled by semis instead of a pipeline.

No one seems to want to pay taxes and no politician seems able or willing to balance the budget. Selling crude with the proceeds going to the US Treasury isn’t the stupidest idea...

That's not the way it would be. Oil companies are there to make money for shareholders, not doing public charity work.

I earned my living in an oil refinery. I am conflicted on the Keystone pipeline. It is a fact we need oil to sustain our standard of living. Pipelines spill less oil than any other way of transporting it. It is also the cheapest. But there are spills. It was not so long ago that a ruptured pipeline put a significant amount of oil into the Yellowstone River.

The Canadian crude that Keystone would carry is a syncrude made from tar sands. Our refinery ran some of that crude when I worked. It is heavy and sour. It is like karo syrup at room temperatures, or nearly so.

It's my understanding that Williston Basin crude would also run thru the pipeline. That crude is the lightest that I ever saw come into our refinery. It is olive in color and pours much like gasoline. Presently it is being sent by rail. It would be safer in a pipeline.

The Canadian crude is crap. No refinery can run large percentages of it. That is largely why Canada needs a way to export it. The Williston Basin crude is much friendlier to a refinery.

Good.
There's plenty of oil spilled across the country and they can clean up the mess & process that,maybe repair pipelines. Maybe pay their fair share.

I earned my living in an oil refinery. I am conflicted on the Keystone pipeline. It is a fact we need oil to sustain our standard of living. Pipelines spill less oil than any other way of transporting it. It is also the cheapest. But there are spills. It was not so long ago that a ruptured pipeline put a significant amount of oil into the Yellowstone River.

Regardless of where the oil comes from, pipelines are just safer. We had the downtown area of a small town disappear due to an oil train accident a few years ago. We still need oil and we need to move it, the safer way is the way to go.

Lac-Mégantic rail disaster - Wikipedia

There are literally tens of millions of acres leased currently that are not being drilled. Let the industry screw up public lands down here before they screw up a critical wildlife refuge and make us pay for their clean up.
Ben, have you ever been to ANWR? Its probably a better place to drill than many in the lower 48.

We may need to at some point but there was no point in trying to start especially with oil low they just wanted their foot in the door for later. If they wait and present there case when it's needed people might understand instead of trying to push it through. Again I don't believe oil is going anywhere and it might be better than wind turbines as far as wildlife goes not sure I know they're annoying to work around so I assume they have an impact.
At some point the north slope wont produce enough oil to keep the pipeline going. Then what?

That's not the way it would be. Oil companies are there to make money for shareholders, not doing public charity work.

The Canadian crude that Keystone would carry is a syncrude made from tar sands. Our refinery ran some of that crude when I worked. It is heavy and sour. It is like karo syrup at room temperatures, or nearly so.

It's my understanding that Williston Basin crude would also run thru the pipeline. That crude is the lightest that I ever saw come into our refinery. It is olive in color and pours much like gasoline. Presently it is being sent by rail. It would be safer in a pipeline.

The Canadian crude is crap. No refinery can run large percentages of it. That is largely why Canada needs a way to export it. The Williston Basin crude is much friendlier to a refinery.
The MT refinery I work at runs Canadian heavy crude almost exclusively. In fact without it we would not be profitable.
As for Keystone XL I disagree with it being shut down. However, shutting it down is a good thing for Billings, MT refinery jobs.

The MT refinery I work at runs Canadian heavy crude almost exclusively. In fact without it we would not be profitable.
As for Keystone XL I disagree with it being shut down. However, shutting it down is a good thing for Billings, MT refinery jobs.

The Billings area refineries are more able than most to run the Canadian crude. Also not all of the Canadian crude is as heavy as the tar sands syncrude. Without a coker, a refinery can't handle very much heavy crude.

The Billings refineries have benefited from the crude from this part of the world being landlocked. It gets sold at a discount. Certainly for less than if they could get it to the gulf coast.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back