Biden admin attacking hunting in elementary schools

The legislation included an amendment to an ESEA subsection listing prohibited uses for federal school funding. That amendment prohibits ESEA funds from helping provide any person with a dangerous weapon or to provide "training in the use of a dangerous weapon."

What a crock of shit. 🤬😡😤😤🤬

So this includes all of the Archery in School programs I suppose. What a shame.

Kind of ass backwards really in my opinion. If we were teaching more people firearm safety it stands to reason we would have fewer gun deaths. I guess they wouldn’t want to lower the gun death numbers this way, it would take away leverage they need to achieve their real goal.

Nobody is attacking anything.

The way this stuff works is pretty straightforward. Congress writes a law and then lawyers within a federal department/agency sit down with the law and determine what they can't do/what they need to do to uphold the law. Do they need to update guidelines for consumer products? Do they need to update FAA checklists? Do they need to hire people? Do they need to add new criteria to grant programs, etc?

If I was a lawyer and the law said ESEA funds cannot be used to provide ANY PERSON with training in the use of a weapon, I would probably flag that hunter ed programs are no longer eligible for ESEA funds under the new law passed by Congress. Frustrating as it may be, this isn't a surprising outcome.

Amend the law.

But, on the other hand, it's much easier for a non-profit org like sportsman's alliance to run with it, stir up a bunch of controversy, and then on the next report to their board of directors or their next pitch to funders they can say "LOOK WHAT WE DID. LOTS OF CLICKS. LOTS OF MAD PEOPLE COMMENTING"

Nobody is attacking anything.
Frustrating as it may be, this isn't a surprising outcome.

I get it... No one is attacking anything that you find frustrating...

/sarcasm off.

Reality - Congress - liberal side, attacked the citizens of these United States with a ridiculous law that will withhold funding for education that has archery and (or) hunters education.

I find this, as you say... frustrating.

Without our Media outlets and organizations i.e. BHA, TU/DU, etc, sharing these ridiculous laws - we are left without our voice to write our senators and share our grievances with our "Representatives" to hopefully right a wrong.

Just as frustrating if congress - conservative side, attacked the citizens of these United States with a ridiculous law that... and some organization, say, The Center for Biological Diversity (aka, B.S.), Sierra Club, Howling for Justice (pick your poison) runs with it, stir up a bunch of controversy, and then on the next report to their board of directors AND their next pitch to those naive pockets of $$$ declare, "LOOK WHAT WE DID..."

This is viable sharing of a liberal congress pushing a bunch of b.s... THEY are attacking our education system with threats of withdrawing funding while promoting funding towards education that does NOT offer archery / Hunters education.

Meh, in the end, your opinion, my opinion. As with any forum banter - YMMV. ;)

I get it... No one is attacking anything that you find frustrating...

/sarcasm off.

Reality - Congress - liberal side, attacked the citizens of these United States with a ridiculous law that will withhold funding for education that has archery and (or) hunters education.

I find this, as you say... frustrating.

Without our Media outlets and organizations i.e. BHA, TU/DU, etc, sharing these ridiculous laws - we are left without our voice to write our senators and share our grievances with our "Representatives" to hopefully right a wrong.

Just as frustrating if congress - conservative side, attacked the citizens of these United States with a ridiculous law that... and some organization, say, The Center for Biological Diversity (aka, B.S.), Sierra Club, Howling for Justice (pick your poison) runs with it, stir up a bunch of controversy, and then on the next report to their board of directors AND their next pitch to those naive pockets of $$$ declare, "LOOK WHAT WE DID..."

This is viable sharing of a liberal congress pushing a bunch of b.s... THEY are attacking our education system with threats of withdrawing funding while promoting funding towards education that does NOT offer archery / Hunters education.

Meh, in the end, your opinion, my opinion. As with any forum banter - YMMV. ;)
Drain the swamp...; )
1690907393920.png

Did anyone write their congressional representatives about this, or are we all just succumbing to the Fox News rage machine and shaking a fist in the air.

This one seems like an easy fix to rectify sloppily written legislation. If the initial legislation was bipartisan, the fix should easily be bipartisan as well.

If the initial legislation was bipartisan, the fix should easily be bipartisan as well.
Bi-Partisan...

House vote on the motion to concur (June 24, 2022)​

The House voted 234-193 to pass the bill on June 24, 2022.[5]

• All 220 Democrats voted yes.
  • Fourteen Republicans voted yes.

Everyone should be lighting up your Democrat AND Republican, "Representatives"... Whether they voted in favor or against. Get them back in their great room to hash this out.

or are we all just succumbing to the Fox News rage machine and shaking a fist in the air.

FOX, CNN, MSNBC, You name it... It begins with the media then verifying the story beyond one dog and pony Media outlet... ;)

Last edited:
64-34 in the senate, and introduced by Sen. Rubio. That number is about as bipartisan as one could hope with two extremes running government and just a few rational minds left in the middle that actually want to govern and not just froth at the mouth.

I'm guessing the few moderate, rural state D's we have left in the Senate would support any motion to fix and create a majority.. Tester, Manchin, Heinrich, etc.

Earlier today I wrote to my rational, centrist Senator (with a history of delivering for folks in our state), and am awaiting a response.

So this includes all of the Archery in School programs I suppose. What a shame.

Kind of ass backwards really in my opinion. If we were teaching more people firearm safety it stands to reason we would have fewer gun deaths. I guess they wouldn’t want to lower the gun death numbers this way, it would take away leverage they need to achieve their real goal.
you hit the nail on the head on that one.. they dont want people informed. They want a ignorant populace who only does what they allow and are ignorant to anything else.

That number is about as bipartisan as one could hope
Senate is one side of passing this bill... If you call the collective house and Senate "about as bipartisan as one could hope...."

We have differing views.

15 Rs voted in support w/in the Senate of 99 who voted.
14 Rs voted in support w/in the House of 427 who voted.

If we pretend the House doesn't exist, I might agree with you though the House does exist.

ALL 220 Ds voted in favor (House). 14 Rs...

Well heck, internet forums at their finest. Respectfully disagree.

Senate is one side of passing this bill... If you call the collective house and Senate "about as bipartisan as one could hope...."

We have differing views.

15 Rs voted in support w/in the Senate of 99 who voted.
14 Rs voted in support w/in the House of 427 who voted.

If we pretend the House doesn't exist, I might agree with you though the House does exist.

ALL 220 Ds voted in favor (House). 14 Rs...

Well heck, internet forums at their finest. Respectfully disagree.
Regardless of how the bill initially passed, I think there could be enough support from rural D’s in the Senate to get a bill passed In favor of continuing funding for hunter’s ed and the like. Assuming all Senate R’s vote yea, they’d need two D’s to vote with them. R’s have a majority in the House, but I’m sure they could get a few rural D’s to vote to continue funding as well.

Their whip in both chambers better get everyone in line lest someone tries to take this above and beyond just the educational sporting purposes that previously existed. This is obviously hyperbole, but I could imagine someone holding out unless every child in America gets Abrams tank training or something.

Regardless of how the bill initially passed, I think there could be enough support from rural D’s in the Senate to get a bill passed In favor of continuing funding for hunter’s ed and the like. Assuming all Senate R’s vote yea, they’d need two D’s to vote with them. R’s have a majority in the House, but I’m sure they could get a few rural D’s to vote to continue funding as well.

Their whip in both chambers better get everyone in line lest someone tries to take this above and beyond just the educational sporting purposes that previously existed. This is obviously hyperbole, but I could imagine someone holding out unless every child in America gets Abrams tank training or something.
What's a little hyperbole compared to a little confirmation bias. Faux bad, conservatives being alarmed bad...ye ole every accusation...eh, more hyperbole.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back