Bid it up Bozeman

Straight Arrow

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
2,895
Location
Gallatin Gateway, MT

They won the bid, but it looks like they'll still need to come up with the money. With the payments, performance bond, and liability insurance for 25 years this will get very expensive for them. Interested to see how this turn out.
Yes, "the devil's in the dineros!"
 

kmbrewcrew

Member
Joined
May 2, 2018
Messages
94
Location
Bozeman, MT
Be surprised if their fundraising effort comes close to making the first payment. We will find out soon enough.
Me too. I believe their lawsuit is still open challenging the need to pay full stump value, and they are counting on winning that and not really having to come up with all the money.

If they can’t make payment, does it default to the 2nd bidder?
 

BigHornRam

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 15, 2004
Messages
6,095
Location
"Land of Giant Rams"
Me too. I believe their lawsuit is still open challenging the need to pay full stump value, and they are counting on winning that and not really having to come up with all the money.

If they can’t make payment, does it default to the 2nd bidder?
Lawsuit was thrown out. R Y would get the bid if they can't make payment.
 

kmbrewcrew

Member
Joined
May 2, 2018
Messages
94
Location
Bozeman, MT
Lawsuit was thrown out. R Y would get the bid if they can't make payment.

Am I misreading this from the article linked above, or has there been a further development?

“Litigation is still pending on this sale. Save Our Gallatin Front sued DNRC and the land board over the terms of the conservation license, arguing the group shouldn’t be required to pay full stumpage value for a conservation license because the trees would remain standing and could presumably be logged once the license expires.

A judge denied an injunction request in the case but has not issued a final ruling. Tousignant said they aren’t sure what will happen next with the lawsuit, or how it fits in with their plans to carry out the conservation license.”

I thought they put in a full bid because the injunction was not granted, but the lawsuit itself was still pending and could affect the outcome of their bid. I do hope I’m wrong about it, and they are required to produce the full bid and extras...
 
Top