Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

BHA Rendezvous 2016

MThuntr

I hope I'm not stepping on anybody's toes since I'm not one of their staff and am a newb to their group but Backcountry Hunters & Anglers is hosting their 5th Annual Rendezvous/Brewfest in Missoula April 1-3, 2016. They are looking for volunteers for their planning committee. Email Caitlin ([email protected]) if you're interested in helping out with anything. They plan to hold their first planning meeting Sept 22 @4pm. I won't be able to make it to the meeting due to elk but have volunteered my services wherever they need me since it is so close.

I didn't make it to the 2015 Rendezvous and really wish I would have just skipped work and went.

Last edited:
Bummed that it is during sage-grouse season, but I will try to make the Rendezvous.

Haven't made it to one yet so when the info came out I booked a room and told my wife I'm taking her on a getaway in April. Just curious, do they have any female geared activities?

6speed. Last year we had some great panels featuring women in the outdoors and I imagine we will try to do even more in that field in 2016. What kind of things would your Mrs. find worthwhile?

A spa and wine tasting would be on her list but she's good with beer and hunting stories too.

I'm planning to be there, this year was a good time and I've got to think next years in Missoula will be even better

My wife has come the last two years and enjoyed both. She loves to hunt, fish and forage, but is also a fan drinking champagne and getting her feet rubbed. She likes how you can start up a conversation with anyone there and share a good story or learn something new. The folks there have a wide range of backgrounds and diversity of experiences that really make the event unique IMO.

Bringing this up as the webpage is filled out with the events for the weekend.

http://www.rendezvous2016.com/

New this year we are hosting a special dinner in Smoke Elser's Tack Barn, on Thursday night. Four chefs, four courses (plus dessert), stories from Smoke, beer and wine pairings. I'll be cooking alongside Ryan Busse, Chol McGlynn, and Hank Shaw.

12647275_10206732747172031_1775112780490567923_n.jpg

I was planning on having to be out of town but it seems dates have changed so I should be at the Rendezvous. As tempting as it is I'm not sure I can pull off a night of fancy food with JR and company though.

I have volunteered to help with the first half of the Brewfest. Be sure to volunteer if you have a few hours to offer.

Got my tickets and reservations made. Can't wait, got a few friends from Idaho heading that way as well.

JR,

That's way cool. I'm going to try to make the rendezvous, but I think that dinner is out of my budget. Sure does sound like fun though.

definitely going to be there with a couple friends, not going to make the dinner though I wish I could.

No Tack Barn Dinner, but I will be at the Rendezvous. Looking forward to it.

Looks like I'll be planning on this as well. I spend the majority of my time in MT anyways so I can make this work. That, and one of my good friends is on the BHA staff here in Utah.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back