BHA Rendezvous 2016

I would love to meet some of the HT crew as well. I am going to part of the events (Thursday night) but I don't do well in big crowds - so I am avoiding most of the other festivities.

I would definitely be up for a group of HT - I have no time preference at this point.

This is going to be great, folks. Please put your HT nickname on your name tag, along with your real name, so we can connect in person.

I'll have to check the schedule tomorrow but I could probably make the 2 hour drive ;)

Plus, I know some of you folks are dying to meet me! :D

Just realized the rendezvous is in Missoula. Gonna pencil it in. What could be better than HTer's, beer, hunting stories and a good cause? mtmuley

I'd pay good money at auction for a BHA engraved elk call, especially if it was pink....just sayin.

I will see what I can do.

May have to check with Greenhorn on the pink though, it may have his copyright. :)

Anyone know if you can dispersed camp up Blue Mt Road (SW of Missoula)? Seems like a close location for throwing down a tent and saving a little on a hotel. Web cams show some snow up there now, but I have to think in another month there will be drastically less.

Anyone know if you can dispersed camp up Blue Mt Road (SW of Missoula)? Seems like a close location for throwing down a tent and saving a little on a hotel. Web cams show some snow up there now, but I have to think in another month there will be drastically less.

There's some real nice spots under the Reserve Street bridge that're up for grabs.

Randy11's recommendation is a good one. ;)

There is some National Forest up Marshall Creek, which I assume you can camp on. As well as some Nature Conservancy land on the west face of Bonner Mountain, which I assume you can camp on. Both are only ten minutes from the Rendezvous, and a better and probably as quick of a drive than across town on Blue Mountain. I think you may have to drive a ways up Blue to get to where dispersed camping is allowed, though I'm not sure.

Last edited:

I emailed the FS and this was the response, in case anyone else was thinking about trying to camp.

"The 365 Rd. (Blue Mountain Rd) is gated at 1 mile until May 1. Dispersed camping is only permitted in the west zone of the Recreation Area which is 4-5 miles up the 365 Rd.

The closest dispersed camping opportunities to Missoula that time of year would be up Bear Cr. Rd or Graves Creek Road off of Highway 12 west of Lolo or on the Nature Conservancy lands along the Gold Creek Road off HWY 200 east of Bonner. You're looking at a 30-40 minute drive either way."

Looks like it's a hotel for me.

Here's something to consider. Go to the BHA Montana Facebook Group and ask if anyone wants to split a hotel and offset the costs for both of you. You just might get a taker.

When I lived in Bonner you could camp on this Nature Conservancy Parcel. I would bet you still can. It is on the side of a Mountain but there are quite a few flat spots, logging roads, and scenic overlooks. It's less than 10 minutes from Caras Park and 150 yards from the Big Blackfoot.

Attachments

• NatureCons.JPG
    NatureCons.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 455
Back