MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

BHA can now celebrate. Hypocrites

After post and post and post ... we get it. You joined, but now you are out and remain critical and opposed to BHA. Now the discussion seems to be wasting HT space and continuing to be redumbdant.

Could someone post an image of a dead equine with a BHA brand being flogged?
He's not beating a dead horse, he's giving it CPR....with a bat.

I can imagine we have enough smart people out there that can design/build smaller nuclear powerplants that would create much more energy then these solar farms and take up much less real-estate. But I don't know enough about the benefits of solar vs nuclear probably. Not sure if we have any nuclear engineers on this forum to explain that.

I can imagine we have enough smart people out there that can design/build smaller nuclear powerplants that would create much more energy then these solar farms and take up much less real-estate. But I don't know enough about the benefits of solar vs nuclear probably. Not sure if we have any nuclear engineers on this forum to explain that.
Nuclear is the way forward imo. Adoption/social acceptance will happen much slower than other forms of energy.

Nuclear is the way forward imo. Adoption/social acceptance will happen much slower than other forms of energy.
What boggles my mind is this combined with the context of the US Navy.

The biggest issues that are brought up are 1. size, i.e. move of them and smaller one's are better and 2. cost due to the fact that essentially every reactor is a one off design so you can't reduce costs with economies of scale.

Yet we have 83 nuclear powdered warships... and, to my knowledge every ship in a class has the same reactors design. So at least 22 of the same reactors are out there on subs.

I think the new Ford carriers have 700MW reactors.

What's crazy is we have 93 reactors on land...

Also nuclear fuel is recyclable to a point the US just doesn't do it...

So hypothetically you could put 15 reactors the size of the one's on the Ford in various parts of NYC and completely power it... I mean hell you could just park all of our carriers in the Hudson and they would be capable of powering the entire city.

And if that seems far fetched, note that currently a lot of Brooklyn get's it's electricity from barges with natural gas turbines on them... that facility is 640MW.

Last edited by a moderator:
What boggles my mind is this combined with the context of the US Navy.

The biggest issues that are brought up are 1. size, i.e. move of them and smaller one's are better and 2. cost due to the fact that essentially every reactor is a one off design so you can't reduce costs with economies of scale.

Yet we have 83 nuclear powdered warships... and, to my knowledge every ship in a class has the same reactors design. So at least 22 of the same reactors are out there on subs.

I think the new Ford carriers have 2X 700MW reactors.

What's crazy is we have 93 reactors on land...

Also nuclear fuel is recyclable to a point the US just doesn't do it...

So hypothetically you could put 15 reactors the size of the one's on the Ford in various parts of NYC and completely power it... I mean hell you could just park all of our carriers in the Hudson and they would be capable of powering the entire city.

And if that seems far fetched, note that currently a lot of Brooklyn get's it's electricity from barges with natural gas turbines on them... that facility is 640MW.
According to Bill Gates, there's enough depleted uranium in Paducah, KY to power the whole country for a 100 years. We're talking recycling nuclear waste, massively efficient energy creation (a million times more efficient than coal), and powering America without importing energy products. The problem is, no one wants to put one next to their town, despite a very good track record for safety. People know when they go bad, they generally go bad in a catastrophic way. People have a hard time shaking that concern.

After post and post and post ... we get it. You joined, but now you are out and remain critical and opposed to BHA. Now the discussion seems to be wasting HT space and continuing to be redumbdant.

Could someone post an image of a dead equine with a BHA brand being flogged?

Or perhaps a golden ring emblazoned with BHA? With a thou shalt not touch sign next to it.

On a site in which there are dozens and dozens of "Utard", Mike Lee, Rob Bishop, "transfer" threads, I realize it's disconcerting, that someone touch the holy grail of Missoula.

If we can just stuff that crap in central Utah, or central Wyoming, out of sight, out of mind. Right👍. And no good microbrews there, why should they matter.

Last edited:
Or perhaps a golden ring emblazoned with BHA? With a thou shalt not touch sign next to it.

On a site in which there are dozens and dozens of "Utard", Mike Lee, Rob Bishop, "transfer" threads, I realize it's disconcerting, that someone touch the holy grail of Missoula.
'Nothing worse than a double-down on redumbdant!

Enjoy Boise.

Edit

I see BHA has really expanded and this year the rendezvous in in Missoula. My bad.

Enjoy Missoula

If only there was a public land, hunting and fishing group that spent time pushing for it as a way to gain the most energy, for the smallest footprint.

Or, keeping public lands in public hands.

But alas, the party in power is not pro nuke, so, best not rattle any cages😉

If only there was a public land, hunting and fishing group that spent time pushing for it as a way to gain the most energy, for the smallest footprint.

Or, keeping public lands in public hands.

But alas, the party in power is not pro nuke, so, best not rattle any cages😉
Problem is smart guy...nobody is pro nuke.

Ask anyone if they want the plants built in their town.

No different than the upper crust of Laramie getting a large windfarm shut down near their million dollar homes...FYI, they weren't D's. They also never complained one bit about windfarms all over the rest of Wyoming either.

Last edited:
If only there was a pro elk and elk habitat national group that would push for smart elk management on the state level where ever there are elk.

These type of statements can be made about every conservation group out there.

#letsburnthemalldown

Last edited:
According to Bill Gates, there's enough depleted uranium in Paducah, KY to power the whole country for a 100 years. We're talking recycling nuclear waste, massively efficient energy creation (a million times more efficient than coal), and powering America without importing energy products. The problem is, no one wants to put one next to their town, despite a very good track record for safety. People know when they go bad, they generally go bad in a catastrophic way. People have a hard time shaking that concern.
Gates’ first one is going in 30 miles south of my place in WY. Locals, for the most part, seem to be glad for the jobs since it’s taking over a coal fired plant that was in process of being decommissioned and that was basically the only real employment base in the town. The loudest protesters seems to be environmental groups from out of town. Go figure.

Gates’ first one is going in 30 miles south of my place in WY. Locals, for the most part, seem to be glad for the jobs since it’s taking over a coal fired plant that was in process of being decommissioned and that was basically the only real employment base in the town. The loudest protesters seems to be environmental groups from out of town. Go figure.
The last few relevant comments in this thread got me wondering about the WY Terrapower plant. I haven't done a very good job keeping up with that project. I know I was pleasantly surprised to hear WY was accepting one. Good for them.

Problem is smart guy...nobody is pro nuke.

Ask anyone if they want the plants built in their town.

No different than the upper crust of Laramie getting a large windfarm shut down near their million dollar homes...FYI, they weren't D's. They also never complained one bit about windfarms all over the rest of Wyoming either.

Want to guess the political persuasion of Central Utah?

But thanks for making the point. Folks don't want this in their yards.

So it gets stuck in rural wherever. And not surprisingly, the first, was in red Utah, in a red county. Don't want to stir up fault Sunny places like Arizona or Nevada, could upset the politics. Which ultimately is 100% why BHA signed on to "green" energy development to start with. Politics.

If BHA is so pro solar farm, stick them in Missoula, and let Land tell his neighbors it's for their good.

nuclear will be our future, i have no doubts.

but i have a feeling it will, in part, take a crisis that we may not recover from in regards to habitat and wildlife for public opinion to finally turn that corner.

If only there was a pro elk and elk habitat national group that would push for smart elk management on the state level where ever there are elk.

These type of statements can be made about every conservation group out there.

#letsburnthemalldown

When the elk foundation starts advocating for not having elk

Or DU advocating to not have water

Or SFW advocating against gov welfare you'd have a point

Want to guess the political persuasion of Central Utah?

But thanks for making the point. Folks don't want this in their yards.

So it gets stuck in rural wherever. And not surprisingly, the first, was in red Utah, in a red county. Don't want to stir up fault Sunny places like Arizona or Nevada, could upset the politics. Which ultimately is 100% why BHA signed on to "green" energy development to start with. Politics.

If BHA is so pro solar farm, stick them in Missoula, and let Land tell his neighbors it's for their good.
Correct, so you trying to tie your lame argument that this is a binary R VS D decision regarding nukes, is pure garbage, like most of what you post.

Nobody wants windfarms, solar farms, or nukes in their neighborhood, exactly why they're pushed onto public lands.

Public lands that are, indeed, under multiple use mandates. You do remember what multiple use means, don't you?

BHA had no choice on solar or wind farms, SHALL means something in contract language, google it.

What they had for a choice was to demand the same level of compliance, bonding, etc. no matter how the energy is developed. There is NO group that is going to stop development of energy on public lands, period.

If you believe that, you're a fool.

When the elk foundation starts advocating for not having elk

Or DU advocating to not have water

Or SFW advocating against gov welfare you'd have a point
If only it was as simple as you see it.

Did you pay attention to the bills in the last MT legislative session that were geared toward less elk and the lack of comments from RMEF. Probably not.

Like I said you can pick apart any group.

The last few relevant comments in this thread got me wondering about the WY Terrapower plant. I haven't done a very good job keeping up with that project. I know I was pleasantly surprised to hear WY was accepting one. Good for them.
They’ve been doing quite a bit of site work since late st summer. Seems to be more environmental and engineering work at this stage vs construction.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back