Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Best rifle options youth hunters

Put a suppressor on anything you get. The reduction in felt/experienced recoil is fantastic for kids and adults alike and makes shooting much more enjoyable for them.

You should look at Howa’s Superlite 4.5 lbs. I have one in 6.5 creedmor. I believe now they have more calibe’s available. I also put a brake on it.4FC199D6-C0FA-46C8-AA68-5E11516FC9DF.jpeg

Perfect rifle. I have the Davidsons special version in 6.5 creed. Only one complaint…the magazine removal lever faces the wrong direction for smooth magazine removal. Not sure why Howa did this? Instead of a smooth pull and mag removal reward, the Howa lever requires one to push forward and use your other hand to pull the mag out. The gun shoots sub moa out of the box.

I'd also second the 7mm-08 the wife has one. I'd really consider adding one in. It's a good caliper in my opinion for what your asking.

I live in NW Montana and hunt with a Savage Model 16 in .243 and its never let me down. I've hunted with that gun since I was legally able to pack a rifle and my sons will carry it one day. If you're wondering how a smaller cartridge like a 243 does on bears, I shot this guy with a 243 and he dropped where he stood.

Attachments

• IMG_9082 (1).JPG
    IMG_9082 (1).JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 3
I got my son a 7mm-08 Weatherby vanguard. It’s a youth version with a 20 inch barrel and shorter LOP. Perfect rifle for him at the time. I am going to sell it. Looking back, I wish I had gotten the 22 inch barrel. It would have made it easier to transition into a more “adult” rifle for him.

I got my son a 7mm-08 Weatherby vanguard. It’s a youth version with a 20 inch barrel and shorter LOP. Perfect rifle for him at the time. I am going to sell it. Looking back, I wish I had gotten the 22 inch barrel. It would have made it easier to transition into a more “adult” rifle for him.
Slip-on recoil pad on one end, suppressor on the other. Voila. Being able to instantly shorten the stock in cold weather is kinda handy, too.

Not my cup of tea. I prefer a better stock and longer barrel. The 20 inch barrel limits the rifle to about 2700 fps.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back