Yeti GOBOX Collection

Best of 2003

Nut

As the year ends I thought about the highs and lows of the year. (The lows are too dang depressing to dwell upon)

So I wondered what my high points of the year were and here are a few of them.

My oldest son graduated from High School with a last flash of effort on his part. (Whew). Watching him walk up to accept his diploma was awesome for me to experience.
cool.gif

Then being there when LittleNut got his first deer was the next high mark for me.
biggrin.gif

Then when I walked up to TE's big 10 point make me weak at the knees
wink.gif

Seems to be a trend there for me. My kids come first and when they do good is my high points.

But there also are the good times I have shared with my friends that are special.

The time I spent with Bill M and his wife Linda are always high points.

Then the Hillbilly Huntfest with Darren,Flipper, Meathead and YoungRobinHood is a special memory.

Then finally this last weekend was a high mark. (I will share one of the things later
shhh.gif
) Hunting with Vipe,my oldest and my friend John was great fun.

What are some of yours?

As for the high points, it would have to be the birth of our grand daughter, nothing like it.

Secondly I would have to say, spending a great week plus hunting with MEATHED. He is one hell of a great person and i learned a lot while he was here.

Seeing new country on the back of my horse is always a highlight, and this year there were several new places.

Having my mother visit for 10 days. It was the best visit we have ever had and hope there are more visits like that.

Meeting more new people from the board during the Wyoming predation hunt.
Having another new addition to the family with our new puppy.

Now the lows would be wrecking my truck and the worse was the loss of my best friend Aspen.

High points.....
confused.gif
Going to Wyoming and hunting with my dad.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Seeing lots of animals I would not have seen in Washington, for instance the "Dog Thing" (wolf).
Low points.......
frown.gif
Almost getting frost bite on my feet
frown.gif
Ripping my groin muscle...which still hurts like hell
frown.gif
frown.gif
Oh and getting the flu and having to leave Wyoming very early.
But other than the low points I had a good year.
Quick Draw

Highs... well, I didn't have a banner year... BUT, I stayed out of jail and out of the grave. That's gotta count as 2 pluses.
smile.gif

WOW.... Good Question.. I'm guessing my list is A 100 Miles Long. I'll pick 2 right off the batt... But I'll be back
tongue.gif
It started in Jan with my 3rd boy :

10_862lbs.sized.jpg

Then in Sept. with a once in a Lifetime hunt with DAD :

b4.sized.jpg

I can tell ya this year has been more than memorable. A year from Hell but also a year from Heaven. My dad's heart attack last Nov to the forest fire that ragged up my valley this summer, to losing my full time job of 10 years. All those were really low points but at the same time really high points. Just spending each day with my dad now really means something. The fires showed the best in people in this valley, people all pulling together in midst of a huge hardship. The fires also created some awesome habitat for both muleys and moose. And by me not having a full time job I was able to spend a ton of time at home with my wife and 2 kids, a ton of time scouting, and a time of time hunting. I'm still standing at the end of this year and the fire or the bank never took my house, so it wasn't too bad at all.

BCBOY:
Looks like you weathered some trying times during 03 and came out stronger for it. I am sure 04 will be a better deal.

High points for me in 03 HHMMMMMM........

Being able to tell my previous employer of several years what I REALLY thought of him because i took the plunge and started my own company. SSSWWWEEEEEETTTTT!!!
drool.gif
I highly reccomend it if you get a chance!

Hunting wise 03 was a good season for me. No elk this year but I had a BALL chasing them through teh high country. I took a nice 9 point buck here in PA. Shot 4 does with my bow, 2 with my rifle and 1 (my first ever) with an inline.

The best hunt I had this year was with my 12 year old daughter during her first hunt during teh PA rifle season. Opening day.....in an hour and a half she took her first buck and first doe......And she LET me shoot a doe as well LOL. Seeing the excitement in her eyes was by far my foundest hunting memory in 03.

Hoping to have an even better 04
biggrin.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-30-2003 22:43: Message edited by: Iron Buck ]</font>

High Points...Oldest son got married, first hunting trip to Maine, finished remodeling the house. Got to hunt a lot.
Low Points.....still working for a living, bad accident, wife now looking at major landscaping of the yard.

High points would be son graduated from HS with honors and is now in college. He also shot his first deer after years of trying to get that "fever" under control.
Low points would be I didn't get out west hunting, though I did a fair amount here. I will be changing that this next year.
wink.gif
wink.gif

The low points are water under the bridge. What low points?
biggrin.gif
The high points for me have to be the Hillbilly Fest and hunting with Nut's boys, because I get to dream of doing that with mine someday soon...getting offered a surprise job that wound up netting me a good raise in my current position, which in turn boosted my own self-worth in employment...my wife being successful in her diet/exercise attempt, because she's a much happier person now, and well, because she's now the same size she was in high school
hump.gif
wink.gif
...bringing TurkeyEye's deer home and having my 2-year-old jump up and down, clapping and yelling "Daddy shoot deer! Daddy shoot deer!" even though it wasn't mine.
biggrin.gif
Ah, the good times.
drool.gif

Well, Mr. Smalls graduated from college this year. I also landed a pretty good job that lets me come and go as I please, so I have plenty of time to hunt and fish when I want. Hunting wise, I was able to spend another season with my father, which is better than harvesting any animal.

Lowpoints. Mourning the passing of my mother, who died of cancer. My serious note for the year- take advantage of spending time with the people you love when you can, because they can be taken away so quickly you will regret the times you passed them up.

smalls

My wishes to everyone for a happy and prosperous new year.

I'd have to say that the HuntTalk picnic was definitely on of my highlights.

Group_ShotR.sized.jpg

Plus the awesome time I got to spend with my family; hubby's folks and sister's family in Oregon in March, and my parents in the Marshall islands in November. Plus three months with my cousin Manuela (who is one of my best buds) to cap the year off.

Manu_and_Karen_in_snow.sized.jpg

Like smalls says family really is the most important thing. Enjoy them while you can.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back