Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Best lunch burger in Bozeman?

Sneakypete... Breakfast in Bozeman = Cateye Cafe.
Best place for lunch? Skip the Burger and go to The Roost. Its on Main but a little past downtown. It has great friend chicken and is one of the best places in Bozeman to eat.

I'll give a third vote for the burgers at Ted's. Canyon creek and kitchen sink burgers are unique and delicious. The grill in the rocking R bar always used to have good burgers, but haven't eaten all there in a while, don't even know if it's still going

Landon55, thanks for the tip on places to eat! Most of the time we're in Bozeman it's breakfast time and my partner we'll eat breakfast anytime during the day!

Don't go to Teds! It's a chain, and yeah--the burgers are fine, but you could get those in Denver and a bunch of other places. Go to Bacchus instead, same building, just the other side. Their burgers are fab and you have to get the curry sauce with the fries. I was skeptical at first, but it is life-changing. I used to bartend at Ale Works and even I prefer the Bacchus burger. Now if we were going to talk steak...that's a different story. Ale Works 4 life.

If you want the best breakfast/lunch/brunch spot in Boze, Nova wins hands down every time. Just brought some of my Seattle friends and they were blown away. Eggs benny that is actual perfection. They also just opened an a la carte lunch place called Feed Cafe which has ridiculously amazing breakfast sandwiches. A little less $$, quick out the door, and Nova quality food.

And if you really want to get into it, Roost Fried Chicken & the new Victory Taco trailer at the Lark are prob my two very favorite lunch/dinner spots right now.

Bozeman is cookin', literally even for a former city girl like myself. Enjoy your visit! I feel lucky to be here every single day! Any other questions feel free to shoot me a pm :)

Last edited:
Yeah, the Bacchus definitely has a good burger. Great atmosphere and beer, too!
Not a burger place, but if you like Indian food, the Saffron Table is the best place we have eaten this year. I think they are only open for dinner, though.

Well the trip was a blast. We always have fun over there but this was as good as it could get for a week day, sorta business sorta fun trip.

First lunch was at Burger Bob's on Main. The boys insisted on taking ol Mom in to eat the Cardiac Attack burger. Food was great, but it is kind of a sports bar and we would rather sit and eat looking at dead stuff and hunting and fishing type things the next time. (football, nas car, and baseball hold no interest for us). Gonna look for a place with no more than one tv on the wall in the future.
That night we were taken to Montana Ale works. Wow, started with our host ordering plates of Calamari and hot wings, then we tried a lettuce and blue cheese dish. Then we ate bison burger, fish tacos, and one boy had another bacon burger. Everything was fantastic, and we got to eat with some folks who we recently met who are just the best sort of company.
Ended up staying late and unable to find a hotel. Our dinner companions graciously put up me and the whole family at their house for the night.
Tuesday Sarah and I were suffering a serious food hangover so we skipped breakfast. After a quick run up to visit a friend at the base of the Bridgers, We were off to visit every gun shop and quilt fabric store we could find. Found a new gun shop north of Main on block on Wilson called Bridger Mountain Trading. He has some great deals and folding money was exchanged by yours truly and eldest son.
Then off to more stores for loading supplies. Finally it was lunch time and everybody wanted pizza so we did a quick stop at Tarentino's. The wife remembered eating pizza by another name in that same building back in 73 as a small girl. Then headed home via quick stop in Livingston to look at more guns and quilt stuff. Lotsa good eateries there, but I was over the limit, so we were on up the road to Big Timber to The Fort looking at a rifle for young Ben. We left with him a very happy camper and were finally on our way back to the breaks. A great trip, and if you get a chance to hit Bozeman, do it.
Thank you all for the eatery advise, I'll be back in the fall. twodot

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back