Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Best Bullett for 7mm Rem Mag

I got a 7mmRM off GunBroker in 2020. My first elk kill with it was with a 150 grain Federal Blue Box factory. I hadn't had time to work up any loads. Mounted the scope in the morning, zeroed it with blue box (1/2 MOA out of my 1 in 9 1/2 inch M70). Tipped over a cow that evening. Dead Right There.

My intention was to go 100% Copper for this rifle. Steve at Hammer suggested I use the 131 HH for this rifle. I haven't finished my workups, but so far it feels like you couldn't make these bullets fly wrong.

Killed elk with 154gr Interlocks before. Found both bullets on offside hide and they performed perfectly.

160 grain Partition or Accubond out of a 7 mag or 7 SAUM has worked very well. I’m gonna shoot my next one with a 140 grain Accubond, but in my 7-08.

I used to use the Barnes triple shock, and wasn’t a fan… Not much of an energy dump even on a big animal like an elk. I’ve switched to the trusty old Remington core lokt and have been pleased

I bought a 7 rem mag last year and still haven’t shot it much. Ammo is pretty scarce. I was able to buy 60rds of fed premium 165gr game kings, if they shoot good that’s what I’m gonna use, but practice through the summer with cheap stuff as I find it.

I’ve decided on Nosler. Hopefully the Partition or Accubond shoots well in my Weatherby Vanguard. Just need to find some ammo now. 160 grain. I saw Federal has some ammo loaded but they aren’t brass cased. Any potential problems with that to worry about?

Nickel plated I'm guessing? No issues in factory. But I choose not to use it in handloaded ammo. mtmuley
It’s about $20 cheaper with Federal per box so if it’s the same bullet and shoots okay out of my rifle then why not.

You're going to get, and apparently have already gotten, a gazillion opinions posting a question like this. For my part, I'd be a little reluctant to shoot a big bull elk with an ELD-X. I'm very partial to bonded-core bullets for elk, or solids, but I have shot a couple with Hornady Interlocks w/o issue. Ive heard and read lots of reports of the ELD-X blowing up on impact.

Back