Best broadhead for elk?

There is no "best" and you can't buy success, although there are plenty of salesmen trying to convince you otherwise. If you can't kill a Bull Elk with a 400+ gr total weight arrow, a decent fixed head, or a decent mechanical on the end, the problem isn't the equipment.

There is no "best" and you can't buy success, although there are plenty of salesmen trying to convince you otherwise. If you can't kill a Bull Elk with a 400+ gr total weight arrow, a decent fixed head, or a decent mechanical on the end, the problem isn't the equipment.

This!!!

Since this is a old thread i have switched from the montecs to the kudopoints countour+ 150s. The montecs were a great economy head but seemed to not be super durable were noisy and i wanted a better edge than i could ever get. When i seen the 2blades start adding bleeder blades that was enough for me to swap. The kudos are a impressive chunk of steel! This bow shots elk almost exclusively so i went big on the broadhead. The single bevel quality cut on contact head is a real thing on big animals! Anyone want a deal on some montecs 100s let me know.

Here's a exit hole of mature bull: (mid pic horizontal) ribs have 1.5inch "s" shaped cut, hide has perfect hole. I will add i didnt have the blood trail i expected with this huge cut but the bull didnt go 70 yards from a perfect hit and his vitals were jelly. IMG_20220918_083815.jpg

Tooth of the Arrow in 125 gr. for elk (~15$/broadhead). My backups are the slick trick 125 gr (~10$/head). I like the tooth of the arrow as they can be re-sharpened easily, and I've had a lot of luck with passthroughs and good blood trails. I do like that you can find slick tricks in any store, makes it easy if you need to quickly get some more.

I did lots of research before I switch from rage to QAD Exodus 125
lots good broadhead out there, you should take the time and shoot a few different ones that you like it, some are easier to tune then other,

They all work. Pick one that's sharp and flies straight and put it on a medium to heavy arrow.

Tooth of the Arrow in 125 gr. for elk (~15$/broadhead). My backups are the slick trick 125 gr (~10$/head). I like the tooth of the arrow as they can be re-sharpened easily, and I've had a lot of luck with passthroughs and good blood trails. I do like that you can find slick tricks in any store, makes it easy if you need to quickly get some more.
Did you have any issues getting those TOTA to fly? I wanted to like them but my bow didn't like them. Super good customer service got 2 free ones to "test" in the small diameter and larger ones. Guessing the flight was something with my form.

Did you have any issues getting those TOTA to fly? I wanted to like them but my bow didn't like them. Super good customer service got 2 free ones to "test" in the small diameter and larger ones. Guessing the flight was something with my form.
The 125’s flew great out of my bow. I didn’t mKe much of an adjustment from my field points to my broad-heads.

The 125’s flew great out of my bow. I didn’t mKe much of an adjustment from my field points to my broad-heads.
Awesome! Guessing it was maybe more of a form issue on my end. Maybe a little less forgiving head. They seemed super solid glad they are working for you!

Wac em 3 blade is what I use but they are getting tough to come by. Probably reuse the one I shot my elk with this year.

Kinda funny. Long after the thread starter says he is fine the answers to a question he no longer has still keep pouring in.

I also shoot tooth of the arrow broadheads and like them
I have killed one elk with that broadhead

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back