Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Best “ALMOST GOT HIM” one liners

He's nice but nah, I'll see a bigger one . (first elk hunt, didn't see another for 3 years)
Sounds like my first 3 years of elk hunting. Now I set the bar at “if his brow tines go up I’m sending one.”

Last edited:
He's nice but nah, I'll see a bigger one . (first elk hunt, didn't see another for 3 years)
I took two guys once had them both on 5s at about 250 yards as the elk were going into the trees. I said they are both respectable bulls anyone would be happy to have. They looked at eachother and said we came out for 6 pts.

To my knowledge neither of them have killed a bull to this day and that was about 8 years ago.

Elk are humbling.

View attachment 242285

This hunting season...

"No training wheels"

Saw him walking out his back door at 45 or so yards. Nothing i could do with a recurve.

I was inside 25 but needed to move down a ledge to put him in view. I got down, nocked and arrow, stood up to shoot and saw that.

Took a few pics as he walked away, then walked the half mile back to the truck.
I’ve spent too much time trying to find what’s in the picture…? Lol

View attachment 242285

This hunting season...

"No training wheels"

Saw him walking out his back door at 45 or so yards. Nothing i could do with a recurve.

I was inside 25 but needed to move down a ledge to put him in view. I got down, nocked and arrow, stood up to shoot and saw that.

Took a few pics as he walked away, then walked the half mile back to the truck.
“I enjoy watching them more than packing them out”

“I had all the fun without the pack out”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back