Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Bend Over

I herniated a disk in my low back a few years ago now. I went to a sports medicine place and they were talking about potential surgery or doing nothing. Recommended pt and it helped a little bit but I couldn’t take time off work and it continued to get worse. Changed my diet and changed many other things but it would not get better. When getting out of a chair it would take 20-30 yards of walking before I could finally stand up straight. So bad that a chiropractor pulled me aside and recommended getting an adjustment. I went a lot on the beginning and started seeing results pretty quickly. They also recommended to continue the pt. The two can go hand in hand, they are not exclusive. I get about two adjustments a month these days at $35.

It helps me work, compete, and hunt at a very high level. Diet, stretching, working out (pt), and chiro are all regular parts of my life.

I’m a dirty hippy though. We don’t have a pharmaceutical in the house, no over the counter cleaners, and many other choices we have made to live the healthiest life we can. So take it for what you will… haha
1701478835164.gif

😉

Back in the early seventies I had a chest xray as part of US govt employment. The Dr discovered I had an S-curved back left to right do to a short leg. "You will have back trouble by middle age." I'm now officially old age and still no significant back issues. I have always kept my weight under control and I think that's the key. Get a big beer belly pulling on your lower back and you can expect problems at some point.

$50 without insurance. Rarely go, but it’s super obvious to me when something is out of alignment, and my chiro gets me back on track without trying to upsell misc bs.

Back in the early seventies I had a chest xray as part of US govt employment. The Dr discovered I had an S-curved back left to right do to a short leg. "You will have back trouble by middle age." I'm now officially old age and still no significant back issues. I have always kept my weight under control and I think that's the key. Get a big beer belly pulling on your lower back and you can expect problems at some point.
I've got diagnosed with scoliosis in high school with lower back pain. I'm no string beam anymore but when I was 19 I was 6'2 150 lbs and my lower back killed me then like it dies now, so I wouldn't say that holds much water.

I've got diagnosed with scoliosis in high school with lower back pain. I'm no string beam anymore but when I was 19 I was 6'2 150 lbs and my lower back killed me then like it dies now, so I wouldn't say that holds much water.
Not 100% but ask your physician for his opinion. He'll tell you to lose the gut if you have a bad back.

Back